Performance Upgrades for SQ5? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q5 > Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page > Performance Upgrades for SQ5?
Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Performance Upgrades for SQ5?

Reply

 
 
Old 10-18-2017, 05:21 PM
  #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 18
Default Performance Upgrades for SQ5?

Just curious if there are any out there yet? More aggressive tunes, bigger turbo, exhaust, etc.

Mr. Wolfe
Mr. Wolfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:13 PM
  #2
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
Just curious if there are any out there yet? More aggressive tunes, bigger turbo, exhaust, etc.

Mr. Wolfe
If I'm not mistaken it will be offered as an RS Q5 model. At least, that's what I've seen in some online sources.
ConnorM97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:26 PM
  #3
AudiWorld Member
 
daberlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by ConnorM97 View Post
If I'm not mistaken it will be offered as an RS Q5 model. At least, that's what I've seen in some online sources.
What (legitimate) online sources? Explain any reason why Audi would put out an RS Q5. Or to say it differently, why would VAG intentionally damage Porsche Macan sales by doing this? Point is, the SQ5 just came out. Won't be touched for two years. Porsche Macan facelift will occur as a 2019 model year. If an RS Q5 came out as a 2020 car, i.e., one year after the updated Macan, that would really be bad for VAG. I just don't get the rumors or the logic behind that move.

Last edited by daberlin; 10-18-2017 at 06:51 PM.
daberlin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM
  #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by daberlin View Post
What (legitimate) online sources? Explain any reason why Audi would put out an RS Q5. Or to say it differently, why would VAG intentionally damage Porsche Macan sales by doing this? Point is, the SQ5 just came out. Won't be touched for two years. Porsche Macan facelift will occur as a 2019 model year. If an RS Q5 came out as a 2020 car, i.e., one year after the updated Macan, that would really be bad for VAG. I just don't get the rumors or the logic behind that move.
This is the only thing I have seen, but not sure how reliable it is. I was more talking along the lines of modifying an SQ5 when I started this thread.

Audi RS Q5 coming soon with RS 5?s 450-horsepower V-6

Mr. Wolfe
Mr. Wolfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:53 PM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
 
daberlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
I was more talking along the lines of modifying an SQ5 when I started this thread.



Mr. Wolfe
2018 SQ5 is still too new. The cool thing is, these B9 engines have power to spare. Chips, tunes, boost, larger turbos, downpipes, etc. Just a matter of time before we're seeing 600 HP tuned SQ5s. Of the very few vehicles that passed me on the roads in Germany during my factory 911 delivery a few years ago, were massively tricked out V10 Diesel Q7s. These things were doing 140-160mph easily on Autobahns. Can't wait to see what turners do to the SQ5.
daberlin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:03 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Member
 
AndroidRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 493
Default

Originally Posted by daberlin View Post
2018 SQ5 is still too new. The cool thing is, these B9 engines have power to spare. Chips, tunes, boost, larger turbos, downpipes, etc. Just a matter of time before we're seeing 600 HP tuned SQ5s. Of the very few vehicles that passed me on the roads in Germany during my factory 911 delivery a few years ago, were massively tricked out V10 Diesel Q7s. These things were doing 140-160mph easily on Autobahns. Can't wait to see what turners do to the SQ5.
The SQ5 is governed to 155mph and will no doubt go that fast. I know for a fact it'll do at least 135mph
AndroidRobot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:10 AM
  #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 18
Default

It is in my blood to modify so I hope you guys are right about the future of the SQ5. I am sure it will get plenty of aftermarket support. I have been a long time M3 guy and won't sell my baby, but I am honestly more excited about the future of Audi over BMW. BMW lost it's way IMO so I will stick with the older ones and buy new with Audi.

Quick question, I am assuming any kind of tune will void the warranty, is that the case? Is there usually any factory option tune that keeps the warranty in tact. If you do void the warranty with an aftermarket tune, is your entire warranty gone or just on the engine/management?

Thanks!

Mr. Wolfe
Mr. Wolfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:40 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Member
 
daberlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
The SQ5 is governed to 155mph and will no doubt go that fast. I know for a fact it'll do at least 135mph
The SQ5 is governed IN THE UNITED STATES to 155mph....
daberlin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:49 AM
  #9
AudiWorld Member
 
daberlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
It is in my blood to modify so I hope you guys are right about the future of the SQ5. I am sure it will get plenty of aftermarket support. I have been a long time M3 guy and won't sell my baby, but I am honestly more excited about the future of Audi over BMW. BMW lost it's way IMO so I will stick with the older ones and buy new with Audi.

Quick question, I am assuming any kind of tune will void the warranty, is that the case? Is there usually any factory option tune that keeps the warranty in tact. If you do void the warranty with an aftermarket tune, is your entire warranty gone or just on the engine/management?

Thanks!

Mr. Wolfe
Aftermarket modifications of any type only void a related warranty claim if the service shop/OEM can trace the failed component to the modification.

I factory tuned both my BMW and Porsche. No issues with these upgrades, and yes, these modifications are covered under the main OEM warranty.
daberlin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:29 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Member
 
AndroidRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 493
Default

Originally Posted by daberlin View Post
The SQ5 is governed IN THE UNITED STATES to 155mph....
I know, all I was staying is you can do at least 135mph. The roads by me aren't smooth enough to go faster. I felt the car starting to lose downforce because of the roads shape (up and down 5-6ft every 100ft or so) and didn't push it further.
AndroidRobot is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: