Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Portable air compressor

Old 09-11-2018, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Portable air compressor

hey all,

for the the cigarette lighter in the front and rear. I know itís 12v outlet but donít anyone know the ax amp and wattage?

anyoone got a tire air co press or for their q5?

Old 09-11-2018, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gizmo607 View Post
hey all,

for the the cigarette lighter in the front and rear. I know itís 12v outlet but donít anyone know the ax amp and wattage?

anyoone got a tire air co press or for their q5?

This comes in a canvas bag and fits perfectly in the side pocket in the trunk. Plus no watching the needle - set it and itíll turn off once it hits the desired PSI

EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump, Digital Tire Inflator by 100 PSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L9WSTEG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_U2hMBbC0T62ZB
Old 09-11-2018, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Iím new here only had my sq for a few days but I thought I saw one in the back by the spare tire?
Old 09-11-2018, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black

Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
Iím new here only had my sq for a few days but I thought I saw one in the back by the spare tire?
Yes Heat you are correct, I have a compressor back there next to my flat spare tire that came with the Q5.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by katzjamr View Post
Yes Heat you are correct, I have a compressor back there next to my flat spare tire that came with the Q5.
yes there is but that is for the spare tire.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP View Post

This comes in a canvas bag and fits perfectly in the side pocket in the trunk. Plus no watching the needle - set it and itíll turn off once it hits the desired PSI

EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump, Digital Tire Inflator by 100 PSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L9WSTEG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_U2hMBbC0T62ZB
do u have this one for your 2018 q5 or sq5?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gizmo607 View Post

yes there is but that is for the spare tire.
figured so, but can't it be used on the normal tire to inflate? I haven't checked but if not, I'll put one back there. before going to a spare or a tow, I keep a plug kit and compressor in the back... has saved me a few times
Old 09-12-2018, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP View Post

EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump, Digital Tire Inflator by 100 PSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L9WSTEG..._U2hMBbC0T62ZB
this goes back to the question of where to put all this stuff lol....
Old 09-12-2018, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

There is a thread on storage. I use a Husky bag that works really good. Compact and holds a lot of stuff. Removable.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2942079/page2/

As to the OP. I have no idea what the amperage rating of the 12V accessory plug is. In my experience any decent compressor needs to be hooked directly to the battery for current draw reasons. I'd wire up a SAE plug pig-tail directly to the battery since its back there to mate up to my desired unit.

Last edited by Rustydog; 09-12-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rustydog View Post
There is a thread on storage. I use a Husky bag that works really good. Compact and holds a lot of stuff. Removable.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2942079/page2/

As to the OP. I have no idea what the amperage rating of the 12V accessory plug is. In my experience any decent compressor needs to be hooked directly to the battery for current draw reasons. I'd wire up a SAE plug pig-tail directly to the battery since its back there to mate up to my desired unit.

thanks. i see what you have, that works, however I might go with a hard box from home depot, not sure why lol... will find something there I guess.
Funny, I have the same list of items that I probably never will need but feel I have to have with me. to be fair some items are for work, flashlight, wheel, measuring tape, light tools etc. and I have used my plug kit and compressor at least twice in my lifetime so I guess it's worth having all that stuff in there LOL...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Portable air compressor

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: