Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 08:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered the urban driver assistance package, but it seems like it's diff from the driver assistance package
Old 04-30-2017, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by vincentleung
I've ordered the urban driver assistance package, but it seems like it's diff from the driver assistance package
Correct. It doesn't have active lane assist.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bpp
Me too on the DAP, can't figure what Audi's up to as I want the new Q5 with the DAP. It's a deal breaker for me currently. Hell every cheap Asian car and US mfg equipping their autos with it FOC. But look here. Buy an OBDEleven Pro (google play only, none for iOS) $60, access OBD and activate lane assist and auto high beam but not active cruise control or traffic sign recognition. All the sensors are in place btw. fyi
I took delivery of my Q5 last week, a "Technik" model here in Canada. With all the available options. To my surprise and disappointment, it does have "Adaptative cruise control" but no "Active lane assist" or "Traffic jam assist". I have OBDeleven, but have not found a way to activate it, although every sensor and camera are already installed. Also, I am missing the "on/off" button that is on the end of the turn signal lever. Which would make it impossible to activate or deactivate. See picture extracted from owner's manual. Overall, love the Q5 :-)
Attached Thumbnails Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?-screen-shot-2017-05-03-6.47.18-am.png  
Old 05-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I posted this to another thread recently, but it makes mores sense here ...

While dealing on a 2018 SQ5 in Calgary, we received a copy of the relevant page from their April Audi Canada Order Guide. It now differentiates as three packages - DAP, Urban DAP and Advanced DAP.

Advanced DAP has all of the features that everyone is looking for and then some (side assist, rear cross traffic, alert, top view camera, exit warning system, pre-sense rear, ACC with stop & go, traffic sign recognition, pre-sense front, active lane assist, pre-sense city, traffic congestion assist).

My dealer said that the order guide came with the information that this package is available for new orders from late April forward or on modified existing allocations that had not yet hit production.

I can only assume that the same applies to the Q5?
Old 05-03-2017, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tulsah
I posted this to another thread recently, but it makes mores sense here ...

While dealing on a 2018 SQ5 in Calgary, we received a copy of the relevant page from their April Audi Canada Order Guide. It now differentiates as three packages - DAP, Urban DAP and Advanced DAP.

Advanced DAP has all of the features that everyone is looking for and then some (side assist, rear cross traffic, alert, top view camera, exit warning system, pre-sense rear, ACC with stop & go, traffic sign recognition, pre-sense front, active lane assist, pre-sense city, traffic congestion assist).

My dealer said that the order guide came with the information that this package is available for new orders from late April forward or on modified existing allocations that had not yet hit production.

I can only assume that the same applies to the Q5?
To those in the know...what are the chances these options will be available in the US for orders that have not yet hit production?
Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Lex2Audi
To those in the know...what are the chances these options will be available in the US for orders that have not yet hit production?
Very helpful thread, and new poster here. Current owner of the first generation Q5 (2015) and looking to upgrade. Would love to know if this option set will make it to the US any time soon. Our sales person today mentioned that it was already available, but he clearly wasn't informed.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DAP is now up online for order on Audi USA website.

However the adaptive cruise control in the DAP does not indicate it includes the Traffic Jam Assist (like the A4, and A5). Perhaps its a mistake and they will update the website.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by chucky0731
The DAP is now up online for order on Audi USA website.

However the adaptive cruise control in the DAP does not indicate it includes the Traffic Jam Assist (like the A4, and A5). Perhaps its a mistake and they will update the website.
It does include traffic jam assist.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

DAP is now orderable.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
DAP is now orderable.
It's an $1800 add-on for the Prestige level of the Q5 and the SQ5.

Quick Reply: Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?