Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The most important part of my technology package is the 'off' option for all of the useless, 'looking for a problem to solve' technology. Reminds me of my father in laws talking Dodge ES back in the mid 80s. 'A door is ajar'.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:46 AM
SYR
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larrylotus
You have to re-engage the cruise control to reactivate ("Resume set speed")...
Thanks again for the information.
Guess the only thing that's really missing is a quick way to turn it off. I wouldn't mind leaving it on all the time, but I did read that it can cause problems with certain weather like heavy rain,
and the only quick way right now to do so is to turn off ESP, which probably isn't the smartest choice if it rains.

Don't understand why there's not an option in the MMI to fully turn it off, after all other manufacturers like Mercedes have the option inside their car menu.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the same rain sensor issues. Are we able to code in, window/sunroof close if it rain? While the car is alarm and parked? It was done on our old VW but not sure if we can do this on our system now
Old 06-22-2017, 11:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Quick Way To The Menu in OBD Eleven

I received, installed, and got the OBD Eleven working on my car, but have stumbled on what to do from there. Would someone be able to relate the set of steps to activate lane departure function from the home screen?

Thank You!
Old 06-23-2017, 01:41 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Never trust the SA for specific information

Originally Posted by atc98092
Visited a local dealer today to see the new Q5 in the flesh. Didn't drive, but the seats felt similar to the ones in mine. Liked the look of the virtual dash. Told the salesman that I was interested in the DAP, and he assured me I could get it in the PP trim. I told him no, it had to be the Prestige level. He was so sure, we went back to his office and opened the order guide. Sure enough, I was correct. He seemed actually shocked it wasn't available in the Premium Plus level.
Had the same experience with the SA when I did the test drive...no DAP on the PP. Never trust information an SA provides. He/she's a salesperson and make money only when they sell the product and tell you anything to get that chance. I've gotten into shouting matches with these types over the years about stuff like this.
There was only one salesman at out local Audi dealer I trusted and bought 4 Audis from him. When I'd asked him questions he always would verify answers going directly to the manual. He's since gone over to selling M-B. He was a true gentleman.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can any Canadians assist?

I have a Q5 Technik (ie: Prestige, but called Technik in Canada) scheduled to be built this week! (06/24/2017)

I added the "Urban DAP" package, which does not include the lane-keep assist.

However, if you look at the DAP option on the Audi Canada site here: Build and Price > 2018 Q5 > Audi Canada

it says: *Available only on vehicles currently in dealer-inventory. Will be replaced with the Advanced Driver Assistance Package. See dealer for details.

Can anyone tell me, if a Canadian Q5 is being built this week with Urban DAP, will it just get Advanced DAP by default? That is how I read asterisk on the Audi Canada site, but wanted to be sure...
Old 06-26-2017, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amorak
Can any Canadians assist?

I have a Q5 Technik (ie: Prestige, but called Technik in Canada) scheduled to be built this week! (06/24/2017)

I added the "Urban DAP" package, which does not include the lane-keep assist.

However, if you look at the DAP option on the Audi Canada site here: Build and Price > 2018 Q5 > Audi Canada

it says: *Available only on vehicles currently in dealer-inventory. Will be replaced with the Advanced Driver Assistance Package. See dealer for details.

Can anyone tell me, if a Canadian Q5 is being built this week with Urban DAP, will it just get Advanced DAP by default? That is how I read asterisk on the Audi Canada site, but wanted to be sure...
I ordered a Technik SQ5 in late April - the week that advanced DAP became available for order. To that end, my experience is a bit different in that I worked with the dealer at the outset to endure that advanced DAP could be ordered before committing.

However, going by the website disclaimer, it would sure seem that any DAP coming out the factory now will be the advanced variety. If they do make this substitution, watch that they don't try to ding you for the $500 difference in the cost of the two packages ...
Old 06-26-2017, 06:53 AM
SYR
Audiworld Junior Member

It's very unlikely that you get an upgrade for free. In fact, it's not how car manufacturers work, everything is planned ahead so the parts that are built into your car are available exactly at the time it's being built. I doubt they'd start messing with orders they already planned production for, it would most likely end in a mess.

The quote you stated makes perfect sense. Urban DAP isn't an option anymore, therefore you can't order it and can obviously only find it in vehicles that were built already.

Of course I could be wrong, maybe you'll get surprised but I highly doubt it.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bump!

Originally Posted by Martin Reuben
I received, installed, and got the OBD Eleven working on my car, but have stumbled on what to do from there. Would someone be able to relate the set of steps to activate lane departure function from the home screen?

Thank You!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Martin Reuben
Bump!
Hello,

For my 2018 Q5, I have successfully used the steps here : https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...sense-2907906/

Hope this helps ?

Quick Reply: Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?