Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 jerks every time it stops

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 jerks every time it stops

My baby 2018 Q5 is just 160km now and this just happened since today.
Every time when it comes to a stop sign or traffic lights, I gently stepped on the brake to make a full stop, the car jerks once when the speed reached about 6km/h.
This just started today, I haven't noticed any jerking before.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive noticed the downshift to the lower gears can be abrupt sometimes..doubt its anything abnormal
Old 10-28-2017, 12:13 PM
U-2
AudiWorld Member

This review mentions "occasional subtle clunk as the transmission dropped to first gear."
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-driver-page-2
Old 10-28-2017, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey I've had my SQ5 for 4 months now and it's still there. It's the stop and go that does it. What I find is that if I'm about to stop I shouldn't depress the brake all the way instead let the car shut down but coast for a few CMs.

Old 10-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had this issue on my Q5. Took it to the dealer and they made software changes and it fixed the problem.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by therings
I had this issue on my Q5. Took it to the dealer and they made software changes and it fixed the problem.
thanks for the tip I'm going to ask about this
Old 10-29-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great news. I will contact the dealer tomorrow. BTW, is your Q5 2018? And I guess you are in the US?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rentonrenton
Great news. I will contact the dealer tomorrow. BTW, is your Q5 2018? And I guess you are in the US?
No problem. I'm located in the US. It's a 2013 Q5. I had the same issue and a couple of mechanics at the dealer stated sometimes when the vehicle is down shifting a driver will occasionally feel it. I would not accept it and eventually they had me work with a "shop foreman". We rode together in the car and after 5 min he had an idea. We pulled back into the dealer, he connected a computer to the car and immediately saw the error. He made a couple of changes (took less than 2 min) ... It's been running smooth since.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

No problem. I'm located in the US. It's a 2013 Q5. I had the same issue and a couple of mechanics at the dealer stated sometimes when the vehicle is down shifting a driver will occasionally feel it. I would not accept it and eventually they had me work with a "shop foreman". We rode together in the car and after 5 min he had an idea. We pulled back into the dealer, he connected a computer to the car and immediately saw the error. He made a couple of changes (took less than 2 min) ... It's been running smooth since.
I have booked an appointment with my dealer for tomorrow. I wish they have such a "foreman", too
Old 10-30-2017, 07:34 AM
U-2
AudiWorld Member

Does 2013 Q5 have 8 speed automatic with torque converter? If so, it is completely different from dual-clutch that 2018 Q5 has.

Quick Reply: Q5 jerks every time it stops