Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 Order Timeline

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Order Timeline

So we ordered a Q5 on May 29, 2017 and I found out today that the order is frozen, but not scheduled for production until week 38, which is Sept 24th or so. And the Port is listed as Jacksonville, Fl as we are in North Carolina. I'm very surprised that the production date is 4 months after the order date. My S4 order, done at the same time, is scheduled for production 6 weeks after the order. Why is the Q5 taking 4 months to go to production? Anyone else had a similar experience?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ummm, longer line? Lmao
It's like Disney.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

If it's like Disney, at least I didn't have to walk 10 miles and wait LOL. But Disney does have the FastPass!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sounds correct based on what I've seen in this forum. I have an order date of 5/8, with a potential build of 8/11.

I suspect there are a lot of Q5 custom orders, more than Audi planned for. I also suspect this is because of the basic models they sent to dealers. For example, my dealer in SoCal didn't receive a single Prestige, and for the price Audi demands, I want exactly what I want, not compromising on features.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Garrett Gyssler
Sounds correct based on what I've seen in this forum. I have an order date of 5/8, with a potential build of 8/11.

I suspect there are a lot of Q5 custom orders, more than Audi planned for. I also suspect this is because of the basic models they sent to dealers. For example, my dealer in SoCal didn't receive a single Prestige, and for the price Audi demands, I want exactly what I want, not compromising on features.
Thanks Garrett for the informed answer. I agree--if I'm going to spend north of $50k on a vehicle, it's going to be configured exactly the way I want it! No compromises at that price point!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put my order in for a prestige May 18th and still don't even have a build date. Factory hasn't accepted it yet...
Old 06-22-2017, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bmiletta
I put my order in for a prestige May 18th and still don't even have a build date. Factory hasn't accepted it yet...
Something going on with your dealer. You should have an acceptance and a proposed build date (week).
Old 06-22-2017, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ClemsonAudi
Something going on with your dealer. You should have an acceptance and a proposed build date (week).
thats my feeling. They keep telling me just to hold tight and now are not responsive to my emails at all. Recommendations?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

One time I ordered a car from a Mazda dealer. However he never actually ordered the car. Instead, he was trying to find one out there and work a trade. I finally told him to produce proof of the order--he couldn't--so I cancelled the order and went to a different dealer.

The Audi dealers can pull the order info from the system and send it to you. I have two pending orders--Q5 and and S4 from two different dealers in my general area. Both of them give me the same info from the Audi system.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ask your dealer for a screen shot like this :

I changed my order on 5/5 to add DAP and warm weather package

Quick Reply: Q5 Order Timeline