Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5/SQ5 Master brake cylinder recall

Old 05-14-2019, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Q5/SQ5 Master brake cylinder recall

Allegedly will only affect 5 vehicles, but it effects 12k+ Q5/SQ5. NHTSA/Audi search won’t reflect it as the search engines aren’t undated yet.

Main takeaways, it effects July18-Nov18 Q5, and July18-Oct18 SQ5

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...9V277-3617.PDF

edit: good luck getting an appointment, I was told I’d have to pay a $185 diagnostic fee... definitely not allowable, but they’re morons
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RCLRPT-19V277-3617.PDF (210.5 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by NeedMoreHP; 05-14-2019 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
Allegedly will only affect 5 vehicles, but it effects 12k+ Q5/SQ5. NHTSA/Audi search won’t reflect it as the search engines aren’t undated yet.

Main takeaways, it effects July18-Nov18 Q5, and July18-Oct18 SQ5

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...9V277-3617.PDF

edit: good luck getting an appointment, I was told I’d have to pay a $185 diagnostic fee... definitely not allowable, but they’re morons
The Safety Recall Report says that the notification to both the dealer and the customer will go out on June 7. A couple of paragraphs above that under "Remedy," it says that the affected cars will be notified.
Is it possible that your dealer doesn't even know about the pending recall yet? My car is also in that group and I'll just wait til the june 7 date.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsal
The Safety Recall Report says that the notification to both the dealer and the customer will go out on June 7. A couple of paragraphs above that under "Remedy," it says that the affected cars will be notified.
Is it possible that your dealer doesn't even know about the pending recall yet? My car is also in that group and I'll just wait til the june 7 date.
It affects 12k cars
Old 05-14-2019, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for posting the info. i bought in July of last year, so i am not in that pool.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was on the list (8/2018 production date). I received the letter last week, and Audi Dallas has already inspected my vehicle. The dealership was very responsive and professional.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I received an Audi recall notice in the mail for this on Saturday
Old 05-15-2019, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Says Audi will not offer reimbursement program...
Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 388 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by txl146
Says Audi will not offer reimbursement program...
It seems the exact quote from the Report is
Audi will not offer a reimbursement plan under this recall.
I thought this odd so searched for the phrase and it show up with a lot of Audi Recalls. On many it spells out "This work will be performed for customers free of charge." I presume that is true for this one as well even though it doesn't specify. My guess is that the dealers don't get reimbursed for this. Looks like Audi calls the shots.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
It seems the exact quote from the Report is

I thought this odd so searched for the phrase and it show up with a lot of Audi Recalls. On many it spells out "This work will be performed for customers free of charge." I presume that is true for this one as well even though it doesn't specify. My guess is that the dealers don't get reimbursed for this. Looks like Audi calls the shots.
in light of dieselgate, i was thinking "reimbursement" was related to the owner being reimbursed for the whole car if an issue/recall was so profound. i was guessing some legal goons came up with that language so it was explicit that Audi would not be reimbursing a customer for a certain recall/issue. this thinking being a bit extreme, it is more likely something that Audi were trying to convey that got lost when it was translated into Engrishes. someone who works for Audi or a dealer will know.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by -hef-
in light of dieselgate, i was thinking "reimbursement" was related to the owner being reimbursed for the whole car if an issue/recall was so profound. i was guessing some legal goons came up with that language so it was explicit that Audi would not be reimbursing a customer for a certain recall/issue. this thinking being a bit extreme, it is more likely something that Audi were trying to convey that got lost when it was translated into Engrishes. someone who works for Audi or a dealer will know.
I was reading it as if Audi would be the only ones who could do the inspection/work. They would not reimburse any 3rd parties for anything related to this recall. Years ago on a Subaru outback recall for a bad alternator, they let me have the work done by my local garage, and reimbursed me - and that was at 92,000 miles. I was interpreting Audi's comment as not allowing that kind of situation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q5/SQ5 Master brake cylinder recall