Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5, SQ5 Mk2 Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Guide...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 225 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Q5, SQ5 Mk2 Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Guide...

These are steering wheels which are prepared to be plug and play with the proper Q5 and SQ5 Mk2 multi-function controls, guaranteed to fit the first time and work perfectly right out of the box!

Trapezoidal Airbag Compatible Steering Wheels
(Stock airbag can be reused with these wheels to upgrade from a round wheel or change the leather type on a car that already has a flat-bottom wheel)

S-Line Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Partial air leather, grey stitching, with black shift paddles, S-Line badge included)

S-Line Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $1095.00 each

(Partial Air Leather, Grey Stitching, with Black Paddles, S-Line or S Badging)

Smooth Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (All smooth leather, choice of stitching, with black shift paddles)

SQ5 Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $995.00 each

(Smooth Leather, Silver or Red Stitching, with Black Paddles, S-Line or S Badging)

Smooth Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $995.00 each

(Smooth Leather, Black or Granite Grey Leather, with Black Paddles, No Badging)

This line of steering wheels features a smaller round airbag for a cleaner appearance and offer more options leather wise. All of these steering wheels require an airbag for fitment and this is included in the pricing. Currently on sale!

Smooth Leather Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (All smooth leather, black, grey or brown, matched stitching, with or with shift paddles, no badging)

Smooth Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $1548.00
- Save $350!
(Smooth Leather, Single Stitching, with or without Black Paddles, No Badging, Airbag)

S Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $1844.00
- Save $350! - In Stock!
(Smooth Leather, Grey or Red Stitching, with Black Paddles, S Badging, Airbag)

S-Line Leather Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Partial air leather, grey or red stitching, with or with shift paddles, S badge included)

S-Line Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $1694.00 each
- Save $350!
(Partial Air Leather, Grey or Red Stitching, w/ or w/o Black Paddles, S Badge, Airbag)

Air Leather Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Full air leather, grey or red stitching, with extended shift paddles, RS badge included)

Air Leather Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $1694.00 each
- Save $350!
(Full Air Leather, Grey or Red Sport Stitching, w/ Extended Paddles, RS Badge, Airbag)

RS3 Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Partial alcantara leather, grey or red stitching, with extended shift paddles, RS badge included)

RS3 Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $1948.00 each
- Save $350!
(Partial Alcantara Leather, Red or Grey Sport Stitching, w/ Extended Paddles, Airbag)

Alcantara Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Full alcantara leather, red stitching, with extended shift paddles, RS badge included)

Alcantara Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package - $1748.00 each
- Save $350!
(Full Alcantara Leather, Red Sport Stitching, w/ Extended Paddles, Airbag)

Custom Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Fully customized wheels, carbon, leather choice, 12 o'clock stripe, carbon center trim, etc)

Custom Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package

(Fully customized to your specifications)

Fitment:
  • Q5, SQ5 models can reuse the stock airbag for wheels designed for the trapezoidal airbag
  • Steering wheels that use the round airbag require a new airbag and this is included in pricing above
  • Supplied airbags are proper dual stage units unlike many offerings from other suppliers
  • All flat-bottom steering wheels are identical in size and shape, variations are based on leather, stitching, paddles, etc.
  • All flat-bottom steering wheels are ~4mm thicker than standard 3 or 4 spoke round steering wheels
  • There are NO heated flat-bottom steering wheels available
Delivery:
Many wheels will be in stock in the US, however with so many choices and styles some packages may need to be ordered in. Time frames for delivery on out of stock steering wheels will range from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the style wheel.

Questions, Quotes:
If you would like a quote including delivery, have any questions or needs other than those posted above please don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Thanks!

Last edited by Alex@Europrice.us; 02-28-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Damn that carbon fiber flat bottom steering wheel looks incredible. I would love to see it complete with the SQ5 trapezoidal airbag. Nicely done guys!
Old 03-01-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious. Other than “sporty” aesthetics is there an actual benefit to the flat bottom steering wheel?

When we test drove the SQ5, my wife didn’t like it. I tolerated it, but didn’t see the point. In a true sports car I could appreciate the benefit of “eyes off” tactile awareness of how far the wheel is turned. But I wouldn’t be driving the Q5 that way.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrooklynSQ5
Damn that carbon fiber flat bottom steering wheel looks incredible. I would love to see it complete with the SQ5 trapezoidal airbag. Nicely done guys!
I have yet to see the steering wheel that utilizes the trapezoidal airbag done with carbon fiber, but I have inquired to see if this can be done and costs. It will likely be similar to the flat-bottom above that uses the round airbag.

Originally Posted by Badger56
Just curious. Other than “sporty” aesthetics is there an actual benefit to the flat bottom steering wheel?

When we test drove the SQ5, my wife didn’t like it. I tolerated it, but didn’t see the point. In a true sports car I could appreciate the benefit of “eyes off” tactile awareness of how far the wheel is turned. But I wouldn’t be driving the Q5 that way.
The flat-bottom steering wheels are generally thicker than their round counterparts and are slightly more contoured. That generally is the appeal versus the flat end of it. Some also like the aesthetics of the flat-bottom, my personal draw is that they are thicker and are nicer in that regards if you have larger hands or just like a thicker grip.

Cheers,

Old 03-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

SQ5 and other owners with the trapezoidal airbag stock are in luck!

Custom Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package

(Fully customized to your specifications, reuses trapezoidal airbag)

Questions, Quotes:
If you would like a quote including delivery, have any questions or needs other than those posted above please don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Thanks!

Old 03-07-2018, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

That is incredible!!! Wow so stunning.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

That is incredible!!! Wow so stunning.
Really are beautiful pieces, made from brand new genuine Audi wheels as a base. Can be done in essentially any leather color to match any interior. Carbon where you want (minus side grips). Reuse your airbag to save some coin. Win/Win/Win!

Cheers,

Old 06-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

One exclusive alcantara steering wheel available and in stock!

Exclusive Alcantara Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel - SOLD
(Full Alcantara, Red Sport Stitching, w/ Extended Shift Paddles, Red Alcantara 12 O'clock Stripe, RS Badge)
S Steering Wheel Badge - FREE (Retail - $45.00)

Information:
Exclusive alcantara wheel with red sport stitching, red alcantara 12 o'clock stripe and extended shift paddles. A one off build not fitted to an exclusive Audi model that was not completed. A perfect match for a model with red stitching stock.

Fitment:
Wheel with Round Airbag - No Airbag Required
Wheel with Trapezoidal Airbag - Airbag Required - $549.00

Questions, Quotes:

Thanks!

Last edited by Alex@Europrice.us; 07-12-2020 at 10:49 AM.