Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5/SQ5 Reported Issues and Fixes

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
4) Issue: left window wiper touches left side edge. Fix: dealer can re-time or otherwise adjust the wipers
dealers are able to fix this? i get this issue about a third of the time but the dealer wasn't able to replicate and the SA was saying it would primarily be physically adjusting the wiper which would potentially mistime the left and right wipers.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 388 Likes on 276 Posts

The thread on this can be found here. It doesn't look conclusive.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:30 AM
King of AudiWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wires
I tried looking for the Channel 34 a while back and didn't see it (on the 18 SQ5). I think that has changed since the last model version (but I may have missed it). Anyone else confirm?
I would love to make this change if it is available on the 2018 Q5. Does anyone know if this has been figured out yet? Thanks!
Old 04-15-2018, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by gburlingame
I would love to make this change if it is available on the 2018 Q5. Does anyone know if this has been figured out yet? Thanks!
Haven't seen/heard anything. Considering OBDEleven does it with the excessive A/C load method, I'm assuming it no longer exists on the newer models.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Great write-up! Thanks for consolidating all of these to one spot. Can't wait to try the gear display in instrument cluster!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not been able to program the Home Link system to operate my garage door....that is until today. The roadside assistance tech said there is a conflict between the Pre-Sense and/or Active Lane Assist that prevents the Home Link system from picking up the frequency of the opener. He unplugged the brown wiring harness plug behind the left rear wheel well panel then - voila - it picked up the opener frequency immediately and we were good to go with the rest of the steps. Reconnected the harness and that was that. Audi is supposedly working on a fix. It is just some openers - ones operating in the 315 Mhz range I believe.
The following users liked this post:
pbeiser (09-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2018, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rleeesh
I have not been able to program the Home Link system to operate my garage door....that is until today. The roadside assistance tech said there is a conflict between the Pre-Sense and/or Active Lane Assist that prevents the Home Link system from picking up the frequency of the opener. He unplugged the brown wiring harness plug behind the left rear wheel well panel then - voila - it picked up the opener frequency immediately and we were good to go with the rest of the steps. Reconnected the harness and that was that. Audi is supposedly working on a fix. It is just some openers - ones operating in the 315 Mhz range I believe.
I had problems getting Homelink to work... until I called them. There is a step or two that didn't make sense (and took more waiting time), but they walked me through it. Didn't have to unplug anything.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my first "Steering Wheel Heater Malfunction" the other day, I have not modified it at all with OBD. Sometimes the heat doesn't seem to be on some days it is. I'll probably complain with my next visit to see.

The overhead graphics resetting are annoying for sure - I should be able to have overhead + front/back view when I want. I'd also love a better

The engine things like Turbo lag are basically the "polite" mode on the 2.0 and Sport Mode will both cure it and drain your tank, so quite literally YMMV. Start/stop, I've never figured out why it starts randomly when I'm at a long-*** stoplight, but other than a moment's hesitation at a green light it's fine, same as literally every other "auto stop" I've had in a car.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All! First time Audi owner here, just bought a used 2013 Q5 recently and I've already had a couple issues & would love some insight...
1. My "Adaptive Headlight: Defective" error light is always on now. I'll pull the headlight out when I get some free time this weekend, but in the meantime through research online it seems as if others have had this same issue with other Audi vehicles. Some possible cause/fixes I've come across are a broken wire inside the headlight from the movement, a bad light bulb causes the error code, or the adaptive motor inside the headlight needs replaced. Anyone with a Q5 have this issue yet?

2. Today my panoramic sunroof decided to not close all the way. I can rotate the **** and it will open all the way just fine, but when i rotate the **** for it to close it slides all the way forward but doesn't drop down to the closed position, it stays tilted up. When I try to push up & pull down the **** lip to make it tilt up or back down to close, I hear a faint electronic noise like its thinking or wants to work but it just doesn't. I've tried getting out of the vehicle and inserting the key into the door holding into the lock position which triggers all the windows to close and this works for the windows but not my sunroof. When I get home tonight I'm going to try and take a closer look and even try cleaning/lubing the track to see if that works. I even read somewhere about finding the fuse & pulling it & then re-inserting it. Have any other Q5 owners had any issues?

3. I happened to come across some forum pages where people have said don't disconnect the battery or else your stereo/navigation (MMI system I guess it's all called) won't work? Something about you need some sort of serial number or passcode thats located on the back of the radio or something? Is this true?
Old 04-24-2018, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Click on the Mk I discussion for pre 2018 Q5 discussion. It sounds like you need a trip to a dealer's shop.

Quick Reply: Q5/SQ5 Reported Issues and Fixes