Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5/SQ5 Reported Issues and Fixes

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New issue on my 2018 Q5: About once every week or so my nav starts up and decides "nah, I don't want to use Google Earth" and goes back to the stock maps. Typically I just have to set this back to Google Maps in the menu and it goes back, but the other day it said "Google Earth Requires Data" and didn't switch back. Finally this morning for some reason it went back to Earth after clicking back and forth to nav a few times. I do have an active data plan, so no idea why it would say it couldn't connect.

Last edited by otherbarry; 04-24-2018 at 09:12 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 04-24-2018, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Did you check the bars on your connection when it went off?
Old 04-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patmurphey
Did you check the bars on your connection when it went off?
It looks like it was AT&T, 5 bars of LTE. It's had occasional coverage drop outs in the places you'd expect, such as in underground garages and rural hills, but that's about it (AT&T). I suppose it could have just been one of those situations, but I'm more concerned about why the maps keeps reverting from Earth. Maybe similar to the "top down camera keeps resetting" bug above?
Old 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Issue: Down Shift into 2nd gear is sometimes rough, jerking the car. It rarely occurs but it does.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great summary! Glad a few issues have been validated with this thread..but not so glad there aren't fixes available.

17) Issue - Lift Gate Open with Foot – unreliable. Fix: Stand close, kick foot straight in and straight back out under center of bumper, step back and wait a second.
I'm at a 50/50 success with the automatic trunk, does anyone know if there is a sensor under the bumper? Or does it use the parking sensors/rear pre sense?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Regarding item 29 “Window goes down instead of up with auto-close button push (clicking to the second decent) - random”, does anyone has any luck fixed by the dealership?

I have an appointment with the dealership next week, if this is still no fix, I rather cancel the appointment and save the money for a loaner car because they will keep my car overnight.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mazinger
Regarding item 29 “Window goes down instead of up with auto-close button push (clicking to the second decent) - random”, does anyone has any luck fixed by the dealership?

I have an appointment with the dealership next week, if this is still no fix, I rather cancel the appointment and save the money for a loaner car because they will keep my car overnight.
I still have this issue but haven't taken it to the dealership. Someone in the thread (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...ndows-2946746/) has had success with cleaning the window tracks, but that hasn't worked for me. If you do take it to the dealer, please share what they did to fix it.

On a side note, your loaners aren't free?
Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will try and see.

They told me that no loaner cars for free even I bought the car from the same dealership.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mazinger
Will try and see.

They told me that no loaner cars for free even I bought the car from the same dealership.
Sounds like time to find a new Audi dealer (if there is another one nearby). Heck, even Lincoln these days gives free loaners -- in fact, they will come by your house to drop it off and pick up your car at no cost. (My guess for this is that Ford dealerships have such a non-premium feel to them that Lincoln wants their customers to avoid them.)
Old 07-15-2018, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

That’s true. If the car is still under warranty, they should provide free loaner.

I forgot to ask the salesperson before I signed the purchase agreement.

The only free service is free shuttle.

Quick Reply: Q5/SQ5 Reported Issues and Fixes