Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5/SQ5 Reported Issues and Fixes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
This is an MMI setting associated with the Key Fob. If you switched which key fob you are using, that would explain it.
In any event, go into the settings and make sure of your setting
Vehicle Settings > Central Locking > Fold Mirrors = ON.
You may also want to check if the other fob is in the car somewhere, such as in a bag. I experienced some really flakey and inexplicable behavior when I had the extra fob in my bag in the bag of my car and it would randomly not lock or fold the mirrors.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weird sound when opening driver side door

2018 SQ5 not sure if this is a problem, but car is brand new and since leaving the dealership there is a high pitched computerized sound upon opening diver side door. I can’t find any information in manual describing the occurrence of any such sound, but I assume this is normal and there is an obvious reason for it. It does not happen all the time and it is definitely not a squeak from the door. Any info appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-22-2018, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by enap73
2018 SQ5 not sure if this is a problem, but car is brand new and since leaving the dealership there is a high pitched computerized sound upon opening diver side door. I can’t find any information in manual describing the occurrence of any such sound, but I assume this is normal and there is an obvious reason for it. It does not happen all the time and it is definitely not a squeak from the door. Any info appreciated. Thanks
It’s the fuel pump getting ready to start the car.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default That’s the sound...turn volume up

Is this really the fuel pump engaging?
Attached Files
Old 10-24-2018, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by enap73
Is this really the fuel pump engaging?
i am not sure if rccoleman is right (fuel pump), but mine does it every time i open my car door. kinda sounds like something coming from the velociraptor paddock.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

It is the fuel pump. The fuel rail needs to be fully pressurized due to the direct injection. If you leave the car powered on for a bit, the cycle will repeat to ensure the fuel rail is fully pressurized.

BMW does the same, just a slightly different sound.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Member

I need to try the garage door trick. I've had mine about 2 months now and I've had the remote that comes with the opener clipped to my visor, because I could not get it programmed. First time in all my years that a car would not learn this crap. Rather annoying.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

Don't know if it affects garage door programming, but I found range severely impacted when I changed our light bulbs with LEDs. When the LEDs are on, they interfere with the signal. I would have trouble after pulling out of the garage trying to shut it, but it would work fine coming home and opening because they were off.

possible the LEDs would interfere with the pairing process.

Last edited by spindlewood; 10-27-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by -hef-
i am not sure if rccoleman is right (fuel pump), but mine does it every time i open my car door. kinda sounds like something coming from the velociraptor paddock.
its the fuel pump, it makes the sound every time I open the door, doesn’t matter which door it still makes the noise. I noticed that when I first picked up the car. And the dealer told me that every s model car makes that noise. Normal
Old 10-29-2018, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had the tailgate open yesterday while the car was out in the rain. I could be that the button on the fob got squeezed while in my pocket.

Can I and if so, how do I do this?: Increase time required to open trunk lid with remote key
Central Module Comfort System (46) > Adaptation > Time for opening rear lid with remote control > default 800 (ms) > change to desired value (e.g. 2000 = 2 seconds)

Do I have to get the dealer to do it for me?

Quick Reply: Q5/SQ5 Reported Issues and Fixes