AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/)
-   -   Rear cargo mat with hook holes (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/rear-cargo-mat-hook-holes-2953387/)

KaDeTime 07-14-2018 10:38 AM

Rear cargo mat with hook holes

Has anyone was able to find a rear cargo mat that still makes the floor mounted hook useable?

Thanks

KaDeTime 07-14-2018 10:48 AM

SQuirelly5 07-14-2018 11:21 AM

Is that back mat not trimmable? I thought it shows where to cut it out for the hooks? I just havent had any need.

spindlewood 07-14-2018 03:10 PM

I use the Canvasback liners. When you order it, you can ask them to cut out the holes for the hooks. I didn't do this because I don't see a big need for it, but if I needed access to the hooks, I can still get at them with a little bit of trouble (the velcro holding down the canvas can be adjusted).

It is a much more expensive option, but their work is top notch. It is more slippery than the standard type of cargo liner. I bought a roll of drawer / shelf liner thinking I'd use it to mitigate slide - but I haven't found it an issue yet.

They protect not only the bottom but you can also buy panels to protect the sides and seat backs as well. Great for when I take my Saint Bernard for a ride or carrying bulky or dirty stuff.

KaDeTime 07-14-2018 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by spindlewood (Post 25179858)
I use the Canvasback liners. When you order it, you can ask them to cut out the holes for the hooks. I didn't do this because I don't see a big need for it, but if I needed access to the hooks, I can still get at them with a little bit of trouble (the velcro holding down the canvas can be adjusted).

It is a much more expensive option, but their work is top notch. It is more slippery than the standard type of cargo liner. I bought a roll of drawer / shelf liner thinking I'd use it to mitigate slide - but I haven't found it an issue yet.

They protect not only the bottom but you can also buy panels to protect the sides and seat backs as well. Great for when I take my Saint Bernard for a ride or carrying bulky or dirty stuff.

very interesting do you have pictures of the finished product? The one online are limited in quality

rankoutsider 07-14-2018 05:02 PM

I've got the Audi standard boot liner and have just cut the holes out as directed and it works fine in my 2018 SQ5.

KaDeTime 07-14-2018 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by rankoutsider (Post 25179889)
I've got the Audi standard boot liner and have just cut the holes out as directed and it works fine in my 2018 SQ5.

would you have any pictures?

NeedMoreHP 07-14-2018 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by KaDeTime (Post 25179898)

would you have any pictures?

Look in the corners. Right above where the hooks are, there is a section that has a scissors logo. It’s in all 4 corners

KaDeTime 07-14-2018 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP (Post 25179902)

Look in the corners. Right above where the hooks are, there is a section that has a scissors logo. It’s in all 4 corners

i did not got the mat with the car. I’m looking to purchase one if you have pictures of the finished product that would be great thank you

NeedMoreHP 07-14-2018 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by KaDeTime (Post 25179904)

i did not got the mat with the car. I’m looking to purchase one if you have pictures of the finished product that would be great thank you

Gotcha - my car is in the shop (again, and still) or else I’d take a pic for you.