Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Rear Cross Traffic Alert

Old 01-13-2018, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
I don't have the car yet, but according to the manual (p124) it says an audible beep "may" sound.

From the manual:

And from the online SQ5 tech page:

Perhaps you just haven't put yourself in immediate danger yet.
Thanks for the response. I also saw that in my manual. I thought maybe different premium packages are different. The parking system volume is set for medium, which is loud. I guess I'll have to bring the car back to the dealer and see what they say about no sound for cross traffic, but sound for everything else.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

this has happened to me twice...both times reversing on to my driveway. pretty annoying
Old 01-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this feature turned on by default?
Old 01-23-2018, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Since my cross traffic thing doesn't beep, it is useless. The screen flashes red, but you aren't supposed to be looking at the screen when you are backing up. Therefore, no beep = useless. Some say it is supposed to beep and others say it doesn't supposed to beep. The book says on page 124 that it beeps. I guess I'll have to waste a day at the dealership to find out for sure. My wife hates the car and wants to trade it in. It only has 302 miles on it. I'm beginning to agree with her. I get a different answer every time I call the dealership. This isn't rocket science does it supposed to beep or not???????? And if it supposed to beep is there a way to turn the beep on??? Everything else beeps in the park assist. I've had the car over a month and my wife refuses to drive it. The visibility isn't that good when you backup. She says it's too dangerous to drive. She says, if it doen't beep we trade it in for another brand. It's her car. My cross traffic on the Lexus beeps.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Argy
Since my cross traffic thing doesn't beep, it is useless. The screen flashes red, but you aren't supposed to be looking at the screen when you are backing up. Therefore, no beep = useless. Some say it is supposed to beep and others say it doesn't supposed to beep. The book says on page 124 that it beeps. I guess I'll have to waste a day at the dealership to find out for sure. My wife hates the car and wants to trade it in. It only has 302 miles on it. I'm beginning to agree with her. I get a different answer every time I call the dealership. This isn't rocket science does it supposed to beep or not???????? And if it supposed to beep is there a way to turn the beep on??? Everything else beeps in the park assist. I've had the car over a month and my wife refuses to drive it. The visibility isn't that good when you backup. She says it's too dangerous to drive. She says, if it doen't beep we trade it in for another brand. It's her car. My cross traffic on the Lexus beeps.
To beep or not to beep. that is the question....