Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

The Rims Audi should have offered for the Q5

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Rims Audi should have offered for the Q5

So I finally have my new Q5 and totally love it! The first thing I did was have the OEM rims swapped out to something more to my liking and a little sportier. Thought folks might want to see a few photos.
Attached Thumbnails The Rims Audi should have offered for the Q5-untitled-1.jpg   The Rims Audi should have offered for the Q5-untitled-2.jpg   The Rims Audi should have offered for the Q5-untitled-3.jpg  
Old 11-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For some reason I’m not crazy about the new black alloy wheels that that car companies are starting to do (I.e. the Subaru crosstrek). I think these ones look nice though.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sngtrkwr
So I finally have my new Q5 and totally love it! The first thing I did was have the OEM rims swapped out to something more to my liking and a little sportier. Thought folks might want to see a few photos.
Those look great. Can you tell us the brand, price, and where you got them?
Old 11-04-2017, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

They are Konig Intentions and purchased/installed at Town Fair Tire in Massachusetts. Total cost was $1060 including tax. They did a test fit first and a top notch job installing them. Used the original tires that came with the car.
Originally Posted by kakgungor
Those look great. Can you tell us the brand, price, and where you got them?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are very nice but I also really like the oem 21 inch rims that came on my sq, no problem with those. I think Lots of Audi rims are really nice. But those look great! Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! I agree, the OEM rims with the Q5 (no sport package) are a little boring. With all the options out there, they could do better.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks Ned. I do like the rims offered for the SQ5 but I bought a Prestige Q5 and really did not like the OEMs. Love the car though!
Originally Posted by Ngerstman
Those are very nice but I also really like the oem 21 inch rims that came on my sq, no problem with those. I think Lots of Audi rims are really nice. But those look great! Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sngtrkwr
Did the same.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Liking both of yalls decisions. I didnt love the OEM sq5 21" so i stayed at 20". Would prefer 21"s but may look in to after market.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kanack49
Liking both of yalls decisions. I didnt love the OEM sq5 21" so i stayed at 20". Would prefer 21"s but may look in to after market.
That’s what makes it a ballgame. I like both alternative rims pictured here but would choose the oem 21’s that came on my sq5 given the choice, I find them beautiful yet tough and solid looking, don’t find the need to see more of what’s behind the rims. Enjoy. Regards. Ned.

Quick Reply: The Rims Audi should have offered for the Q5