Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

S7/S8 21" Rotor Wheels on SQ5? Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks sweet. Quick question (and off topic): I noticed the horizontal chrome line in your front bumper where the air vents are has a break in the middle chrome line. Is that for the DAP camera? I’m assuming you have the driver sssitance package.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:11 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolio
Looks sweet. Quick question (and off topic): I noticed the horizontal chrome line in your front bumper where the air vents are has a break in the middle chrome line. Is that for the DAP camera? I’m assuming you have the driver sssitance package.
Hi Koolio -

Not exactly sure where you're referring to on the grill (but the front facing camera is directly under the Audi Logo on the grill). Yes, I also have the Driver Assistance Pkg. If you're referring to the lower bumper grilles (middle chrome line break), yes, that's the DAP sensors.

Thanks,
tgt
Old 01-01-2018, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgt
Hi Koolio -

Not exactly sure where you're referring to on the grill (but the front facing camera is directly under the Audi Logo on the grill). Yes, I also have the Driver Assistance Pkg. If you're referring to the lower bumper grilles (middle chrome line break), yes, that's the DAP sensors.

Thanks,
tgt
I was referring to the lower bumper grills. Thanks, that answers my question!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts

Goddamn those look good, especially on Daytona! I'd rock those any day.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tgt
Thanks All!

fignewton - Thanks for the info, I did not purchase new lug bolts. I will certainly look into that before summer.

2018 SQ5 - Plate bubble cover: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kubica - You can look online (I believe some places sell reps, but I would caution on confirming the same offsets). I've had previous bad experience with reps and the offset/wheel face (how concave it looks/fits the car). I'm sure you could find a set of reps in 20's on Ebay, but I can't vouch for the quality of course. Good Luck!

-tgt
What are the specs on the wheels?
Old 01-19-2018, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks really nice!

What size wheels are you running? 21 x ...?
Old 01-20-2018, 04:01 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks Everyone. Specs:

21x9
ET35

Thanks,
tgt
Old 01-21-2018, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice winter beater :-)
Old 02-02-2018, 11:19 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fignewton
They do look great! I had them on my 2014 S4 BO and loved them.
Just a note, did you change to the correct bolts for the wheel? The SQ5 uses R14 ball bolts and the cars use R13s. I just got a set of 20” Sline wheels like on the S6s. Reading in another forum post about spacers, I noted the difference in the bolts and checked. Dropping one of my S4 wheel locks in the new wheels, the bolt perfectly mated to the wheel. Doing the same with the SQ5 bolt, it was obvious that the ball was not making full contact with the mating surface in the wheel. There was a lot of wobble from the back side of the wheel, where there was none with the correct bolt. I ordered a set of R13 bolts to use with my new wheels and all is good. The stock SQ5 bolts may torque down, but they’re only making partial contact with the wheel surface.
Thanks All

Hey fignewton -

Are you sure the above is the case? If I lookup bolts on ECS they list the same lug bolts for both the SQ5, A7, S7 RS7, A4, A5, etc. and they include the below statement:

"Fits OEM wheels, or wheels that use OEM ball seat wheel bolts"
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...2411ecs03akt3/

Doing a little homework prior to the Spring here when I swap over, thanks for the post and info.

-tgt
Old 02-02-2018, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tgt
Thanks All

Hey fignewton -

Are you sure the above is the case? If I lookup bolts on ECS they list the same lug bolts for both the SQ5, A7, S7 RS7, A4, A5, etc. and they include the below statement:

"Fits OEM wheels, or wheels that use OEM ball seat wheel bolts",
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/swheel-spacer-bolt-kit-15mm-with-black-ball-seat-bolts/002411ecs03akt3/

Doing a little homework prior to the Spring here when I swap over, thanks for the post and info.

-tgt
I stand by the above and there is a definite difference. Just because ECS only stocks one bolt type doesn't mean it's right for all applications. Other posts here and on AZ confirm that the Q5/SQ5 bolts are R14, and the dealer even showed different part numbers for the Q5/SQ5 wheels and the Sline wheels that came off the S6 application. That is what I ordered and am using and they are R13 and fit the wheels correctly. The R14 original bolts could be tightened, but as I said, the contact with the wheel is wrong. The correct bolts spread the torque load across the entire surface of the ball, whereas the wrong ones limit the torque load to only a smaller ring where the two faces intersect.

Quick Reply: S7/S8 21" Rotor Wheels on SQ5? Pics Inside