Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

SiriusXM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SiriusXM Radio

What are the pros and cons with SiriusXM radio? Any alternatives? I have a free 3-month trial for XM radio; six months all access is for $50 after the trial period. They want my credit card online, but I have to cancel over the phone; they want to automatically deduct payments for renewals.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by "BigAl"
What are the pros and cons with SiriusXM radio? Any alternatives? I have a free 3-month trial for XM radio; six months all access is for $50 after the trial period. They want my credit card online, but I have to cancel over the phone; they want to automatically deduct payments for renewals.
There is also a new offer of $2.00 plus taxes for an extra three more months, then its the normal monthly charge. This is my first xm experience, but I like the variety of music, comedy, sports and howard stern.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by katzjamr
There is also a new offer of $2.00 plus taxes for an extra three more months, then its the normal monthly charge. This is my first xm experience, but I like the variety of music, comedy, sports and howard stern.
Where is this offer?
Old 09-21-2018, 10:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can’t live without Sirius in my car. It’s fairly easy to get 1 year for $99, just have to threaten to cancel every year. You could probably get them to go even lower, but it’s not worth my time. The best deal I ever got was 6 months for $25.

edit: I see you’re already getting 6 months for $50 so that’s a good deal. The normal yearly rate is something like $215.
The following users liked this post:
hammergjh (02-03-2021)
Old 09-21-2018, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black

Originally Posted by "BigAl"
Where is this offer?
it came in the mail today, I am sure you can call them and ask for it.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade MMI to include Sirius XM?

Hi all,
recently bought 19 Q5 Premium which includes Car Play but not Sirius XM. Is this something that can be added? I can play it through the phone, but it’s not optimal.
Also, can keyless entry be added at the dealer/aftermarket? RN i’m having to press the remote like some kind of 19th century serbian peasant...
Old 02-03-2021, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 225 Likes on 164 Posts

I really like Sirius/XM. One advantage is that you can get the same station everywhere you go. Another advantage is that you can get an genre, from '50s, '60s, etc., that your might have grown up with, to classical, to country, to modern pop, talk radio, R&B - you name it. Another advantage is that you can negotiate the price each year. If you have multiple vehicles, it's easier to get a good price deal.

One disadvangate is that the signal seems to be highly compressed, and isn't nearly as good as HD FM. But it works - listening to Phlash Phelps doing '60s music in the mornings is higher quality than the car radios and portable transistor radios we had in the day.

I think it's worth the cost out of discretionary income. Oh - you can also listen to football, basketball, baseball, and even golf on certain channels. All major games are carried to the best of my knowledge.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:52 AM
Banned

A lot of FM Radio + hundreds Music in iPhone are enough for me in my Q5. I just rejected the SiriusXM sales promotion yesterday.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

It's cheap enough to make it worthwhile when you argue w/ them. I got it down to $72/year, w/ taxes etc. Tons of stations, mostly variations on a theme for rock. Not enough decent jazz. One good blues station. You can listen to Fox, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Pick your poison. Just call them before the renewal is up and chew into them again for a deal.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 85 Likes on 55 Posts

As a sports fan...I love SiriusXM. It's great for listening to games while driving and helps that they put the score on the display.

Quick Reply: SiriusXM Radio