Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

On special order, what is the best discount off MSRP I can get in SoCal?

Old 05-31-2017, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default On special order, what is the best discount off MSRP I can get in SoCal?

I am in Arcadia. What is the best way to shop for special order deals? Costco?
Old 06-01-2017, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Humble Bear
Costco and aaa discounts are pretty bad. I'd email the dealers!
Old 06-01-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

We ordered (our second) SQ5 and used the ACNA discount -- 6%. I ordered my S4 and when I took delivery last month (also using the ACNA discount) I ended up with a 6.5% discount.

I've "heard" of -- but remember, "buyers are liars" -- of folks saying they got 7%, 8%, etc.

Of course, there may be military discounts (assuming you qualify) that will be north of 6%.

These days, having the ACNA program in your corner is certainly a good place to start.

Good luck.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Define "best deal", because that is a broad term, and sort of meaningless tbh.

Way too many variables are involved. And emailing and contacting every dealer is going to give you an absolute nightmare of a scenario, and you will be bombarded with calls and emails as a result.

First and foremost, what are you looking for? In what configuration? Is there a trade? Is it a lease? A purchase? Cash? Finance?

The best "deal" I ever got on an Audi was a fair price, and a dealer that kept me in the loop ever single step of the way, from ordering, to the process, to delivery. His price was not the lowest I had received - but his way of doing things more than made up for it. Which is why I go above and beyond for my clients now. It's essential, because you can get a car from anywhere. Literally anyone can get you the car. The value comes in to how they make the process for you. It should be easy, and fun!
Old 06-01-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
We ordered (our second) SQ5 and used the ACNA discount -- 6%. I ordered my S4 and when I took delivery last month (also using the ACNA discount) I ended up with a 6.5% discount.

I've "heard" of -- but remember, "buyers are liars" -- of folks saying they got 7%, 8%, etc.

Of course, there may be military discounts (assuming you qualify) that will be north of 6%.

These days, having the ACNA program in your corner is certainly a good place to start.

Good luck.

Interesting. I have never heard of ACNA but checked into and it looks neat!

If I have just ordered a 2018 Q5 and negotiated 4%, since I haven't actually paid I could technically signup for the ACNA and get 6% at the time of delivery?

Is it still at 6% for 2017 and do all dealers have to acknowledge it?

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No, not all dealers participate - depends on the dealer

If you signed the order, you agreed to the price. Getting an immediate 6% off can be done without ACNA to be honest.....you just have to deal with the right dealers. ACNA discount is only applied immediately if you go for lifetime membership, Otherwise, you have to hold membership for 6 months before a discount is applied.

ACNA is a great organization - but for far more than the discount on the car....because that can be done on your own
Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Humble Bear
Can't really speak for special order deals but when I picked up my 2017 3.0T back in December, the Costco and AAA deals were not any good. Sort of comparing apples and oranges since I was looking for vehicles already on the lot configured the way I wanted; I paid cash so used that to my advantage. I dealt with various dealers in the South Bay, but at the ended I only physically visited Pacific Audi in Torrance and Beverly Hills Audi, they had the most inventory and best price. At the end Beverly Hills ended up giving me the best price so that's where I purchased my 2017 Q5 3.0T.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I want the base trim(Premium) with Utopia (or Navara) Blue and brown interior with no options. There is none built without options so far so it has to be a special order. My current lease is due in 4 months so no trade in; don't mind get it sooner. Cash deal.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by auntrout
Can't really speak for special order deals but when I picked up my 2017 3.0T back in December, the Costco and AAA deals were not any good. Sort of comparing apples and oranges since I was looking for vehicles already on the lot configured the way I wanted; I paid cash so used that to my advantage. I dealt with various dealers in the South Bay, but at the ended I only physically visited Pacific Audi in Torrance and Beverly Hills Audi, they had the most inventory and best price. At the end Beverly Hills ended up giving me the best price so that's where I purchased my 2017 Q5 3.0T.
cash doesnt net you any better deal - actually can work to your disadvantage as far as final price, for several reasons.

Ultimately though, whether cash, lease or finance - someone is buying the car. The price is still the price
Old 06-01-2017, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

What SCarGuy said is true. Also, remember, NO MATTER WHAT, you will ALWAYS be able to find some "guy" (maybe even a friend or family member) who will tell you "I coulda got it cheaper."

Usually, I call BS on these folks -- although, inevitably there probably is someone, somewhere that got this bonafide better deal. Tough beans.

The deal is NOT just the discount -- especially in the Premium class. The "perks" I have enjoyed since 1977 (the year I bought my first Audi -- from the same dealership I still buy from) are both quite tangible AND pricelessly intangible.

I've told this story before, but it bears repeating: My wife is not the tallest tree in the forest; so, when one Sunday she took her car to the car wash and the attendant to even move the car was forced to move the seat back, the connector between the seat and the power motor went "sproing!" (a technical term), the seat could not be moved to where she could safely drive it.

I was with her, I drove the Audi home -- called the dealer principal AT HOME (he was in the book) and told the story. About 90 minutes later, the service manager with his young son in tow, showed up at our house, remedied the situation, apologized and bid us a good weekend. I begged him to not tow his kid anymore, for pity's sake, let the kid ride in the car. To no avail.

How much is THAT worth?

My wife's SQ5, at 80,000 miles lost the "servo motors" that make the fart-sound out of the exhaust system. These things are nearly $390/each -- plus labor. The dealer invoked a program (owner loyalty, implied warranty, "good guy" -- whatever you want to call it) that allowed us to get the parts and labor for free. The service manager apologized for the inconvenience. The thing is, they gave my wife -- just for grins -- a new A8 as a loaner, because she said "I've never driven one of those before." We kept it for a day and overnight whilst the SQ5 had its servos (and its fart-sound) replaced (and restored). The washed and vacuumed car was returned. No charge.

The list of "little" (I don't consider nearly $800 worth of parts little, BTW) things that we have enjoyed over the years is almost countless -- and I will NOT (thankfully, you're saying) bore you with them here.

I will say, when I turned in my 2014 S4 (off of a 42 month lease with a one-month extension) it had 55,000 miles on it. So? The lease mileage allowance was 43,000 miles.

The AFS per mile overage charge is $.25/mile. You do the math, I was 12,000 miles over.

I bought a 2018 S4 which was north of $60,000. I got 6.5% off and my $3,000 overage charge vanished. The folks who claim they got 8% off? Maybe true. Rare, perhaps, but, nonetheless maybe true.

So Friggin' What!?!

I expect (I want) my dealer to remain a going concern -- a profitable going concern. By the same token, I don't want the dealer to make all of that profit from ME, but "dicking around" (another technical term) over another percent or so would be -- at least on my part -- petty and unctuous.

Now: Drive it like you live -- or perhaps, drive it like you WANT to live.

Le Petomane: "I didn't get a "harrumph" out of that guy!" -- Blazing Saddles (one of Mel Brooks finer moments)

Last edited by markcincinnati; 06-01-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: On special order, what is the best discount off MSRP I can get in SoCal?