Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Anybody get any discounts?

Old 10-11-2017, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody get any discounts?

I basically paid sticker for a 2018 Q5 (got $600 off the trailer hitch as it was on a car that had everything else I wanted, and it was on its way to the dealer). I tried looking at places like the Costco buying program, but they had no participating dealers in my area. Similar with the other online services. Anybody get any movement on price from their dealers?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:42 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EnsignJanos
I basically paid sticker for a 2018 Q5 (got $600 off the trailer hitch as it was on a car that had everything else I wanted, and it was on its way to the dealer). I tried looking at places like the Costco buying program, but they had no participating dealers in my area. Similar with the other online services. Anybody get any movement on price from their dealers?
Several threads on this here. Typical discounts range from about 4-8%. Also, check out TrueCar.com.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I paid 9% below sticker for my Q5 P+ with a low mileage lease. It was the end of the month. Nearly zero haggling besides the customary "Here is our first offer let's see if he bites" and my counter "We're way off, here's my low number".
Old 10-12-2017, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got over 6% off on a loaded sq5 Prestige from my local brand new expanded dealership in south Florida. The dealer has a huge inventory of over1,100 vehicles, they had 35 sq5’s versus 3-4 at other dealers, incredible. Picked the car up yesterday, it’s fabulous! I really can’t understand recent Car and Driver comparison review where they had the Audi well behind the glc43, I couldn’t disagree more with their rediculous assessment. The air suspension blows away the crappy, hard riding suspension of the Mercedes, the interior is nicer and the MMI in the audi kills the glc. The Mercedes may be a bit zipper but that’s all and in real world driving doesn’t mean that much, the Mercedes suspension made my fillings shake loose. The Audi drives and handles very well and the B&O sound system is very good, breaking in, it will get better. NAV system great, Mercedes sucks as usual. Regards. Ned.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

We got 6% off of ours + they gave us top dollar for our trade. We also got a "current Audi owner rebate" of $750.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:32 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Secured my 2018 Q5 Prestige today: custom order, fully loaded (every option plus accessories) at 9% off MSRP. Got the "we only have a 6%... blah blah blah" speech from the salesman. Then I simply said "9% and we have a deal". Done. The phone call and negotiations took less than 4 minutes. I'm in Northern CA for reference.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TYJ
Secured my 2018 Q5 Prestige today: custom order, fully loaded (every option plus accessories) at 9% off MSRP. Got the "we only have a 6%... blah blah blah" speech from the salesman. Then I simply said "9% and we have a deal". Done. The phone call and negotiations took less than 4 minutes. I'm in Northern CA for reference.
Well, drat. TrueCar doesn't have any participating dealers in my area, and I'm not a current Audi owner. A (rather expensive) lesson learned, I guess.