Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

stupid auto braking again

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went into settings and it now let me shut of pre sense completely, see picture. I know you all say that only disables the actual wanting but at same time on Vc, a message appeared and said exactly: emergency braking has been disabled.... does that mean what it says? I couldn’t photo it as it went away fairly quickly

Old 10-03-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Further edit, when getting back into car setting went back on, turned it off again lol... this isn’t a solution there is enough to do already without this whole process lol
Old 10-04-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

got in today and went right to my setting to turn this crap off, and to my surprise this time, it was off already!!! maybe it's learning or just freak error like the emergency braking itself for no reason lol?
either way, if it stays off and really disables the actual braking, I'll be very happy.... now the problem is, no way to test it other than back up into a parked car and see if it stops? LOL... just kidding of course but I won't know until enough time passes without the auto brake problem
Old 10-04-2018, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

p117 of the manual says it reverts back to "on" when car restarted..........looks like your fingers will get plenty of exercise over the next couple of years......jes sayin....
Old 10-04-2018, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ronsal
p117 of the manual says it reverts back to "on" when car restarted..........looks like your fingers will get plenty of exercise over the next couple of years......jes sayin....
while I agree, the last 3 times staring the car, went to that sub menu and it was OFF somehow. I know what you are saying but it's stayed off now for 3 start stops... hopefully it felt my frustration and just stayed off LOL
Old 10-04-2018, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is getting very interesting. You now have 2 parts of the system not working as they are "supposed" to - the controls in the menu and the actual rear pre sense itself. Hmmm?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ronsal
This is getting very interesting. You now have 2 parts of the system not working as they are "supposed" to - the controls in the menu and the actual rear pre sense itself. Hmmm?
I’m not sure about that, does the manual actually say it should revert back after start stop? Even if so, finally one thing in the car is doing what is should which is disabling the stupidest feature ever created so I’m thrilled. That “malfunction” is better than the malfunction of braking for no reason lol
Old 10-04-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

p 117 of the manual........
Old 10-04-2018, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Might depend on how "long" the car was off for. It does a full shutdown after a period of time (same deal with the 360 camera view). Short trips (5 minutes?) and it's just in standby.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wires
Might depend on how "long" the car was off for. It does a full shutdown after a period of time (same deal with the 360 camera view). Short trips (5 minutes?) and it's just in standby.
interesring as it was overnight and again this morning it was off.... I guess the malfunction now is to my benefit lol... . I’m not going to mention this to dealer now as I don’t want it fixed lol

Quick Reply: stupid auto braking again