Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

System malfunction and start/stop malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default System malfunction and start/stop malfunction

I picked up my SQ5 from its 10k service and a update done for my cornering lights. The minute I pull into my driveway 15 minutes later, I immediately get 2 errors in my car. The first says the drive system malfunctioned and the second error referenced start stop feature not working. In idle the rpm also becomes to increase slowly over 1. The oil level shows the oil is filled half way as well. Anyone else experienced this issue so far?

I checked the forum and seems like a few s5, s4, and Q7 owners have complained about this.
The following 2 users liked this post by CarEnthusiastDMV:
Audioutlaw (02-10-2022), CLR1310 (02-08-2024)
Old 05-05-2018, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I'd have gone right back to the dealer and told them to fix it, while I'm driving one of their loaners/demos.
The following users liked this post:
RCPrato (04-08-2021)
Old 05-05-2018, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I dropped it back off this morning. Let's see what they come back with.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it was just the start/stop not working I'd say hurray and not bother to bring it in.
ribeye (04-09-2021)
Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Reporting back: seems like whoever worked on my car was a freaking rookie. Apparently they didn't tighten the oil cap enough or properly and since the engine is a vaccum the air r pressure was off. They tighten the cap and it fixed the issues.... Can't wait to receive the survey...
Old 05-13-2018, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CarEnthusiastDMV
Reporting back: seems like whoever worked on my car was a freaking rookie. Apparently they didn't tighten the oil cap enough or properly and since the engine is a vaccum the air r pressure was off. They tighten the cap and it fixed the issues.... Can't wait to receive the survey...
Unreal..
Audioutlaw (02-10-2022)
Old 05-29-2018, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope that is same as my problem...

this morning all system malfunction after less than 2500 miles. Air suspension malfunction...start/stop system malfunction...stability system malfunction.......etc. The cars says drive less than 30 mph and get to a dealer!

The car hasn't been service since purchase early February. I drove about 80 miles on Sunday morning had no issue. I need the car by Thursday to get to a bike ride. I hope its a quick fix for the dealer.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stickypvmt
I hope that is same as my problem...

this morning all system malfunction after less than 2500 miles. Air suspension malfunction...start/stop system malfunction...stability system malfunction.......etc. The cars says drive less than 30 mph and get to a dealer!

The car hasn't been service since purchase early February. I drove about 80 miles on Sunday morning had no issue. I need the car by Thursday to get to a bike ride. I hope its a quick fix for the dealer.
I don't think it is the same issue. From what I've read from a few S5 and S4 owners, it has to do with the radiator malfunctioning. There's a TSB to fix the issue.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi All Systems Malfunction issue

Originally Posted by CarEnthusiastDMV
I don't think it is the same issue. From what I've read from a few S5 and S4 owners, it has to do with the radiator malfunctioning. There's a TSB to fix the issue.
Since Today Morning My Audi Q2 is giving warning messages similar to Air suspension malfunction...start/stop system malfunction...stability system malfunction.......etc

Does anyone know what causing this and how to fix this issue.
CLR1310 (02-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2021, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a new Audi Q5 PHEV in December 2020. While driving on Interstate 5 in SoCal in March 2021, the "Drive System Malfunction" light appeared. The engine started to rattle, so I pulled off the highway. I had the car towed to Audi Bakersfield. The service manager told me my engine needed to be replaced. This all happened at the start of a two week drive across the US with my wife as we were heading back home to the East Coast from our visit to California.

Audi US agreed to replace the engine and ship the car back to my home in Massachusetts. I feel that is the least they could do for a brand new car that had less than 3,000 miles driven on it. It took Audi three weeks to replace the engine and now they are balking at paying to ship the car back to me.

So, I have a brand new car break down on me and Audi US isn't following through on their promise to fix the car and ship it back to my home. Any suggestions on how I can get Audi to deliver on their promise to me?

Quick Reply: System malfunction and start/stop malfunction