Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Top View Camera Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rentonrenton
I went to my dealer earlier today for service appointment. One of the problems I want to address with them is the camera/graphic issue. After spending a whole day waiting for my car to be ready for pickup, I was told they "fixed" the camera issue. They didn't tell me what they did and I hardly believe they did anything effective. However, I did noticed the "camera" is sticky since. So far so good. I will keep an eye on it, though.

Still, Cadx6 should have something for us by tomorrow, right?
I still hope so . It's noon here & nothing yet. Any chance you could call the service manager of your dealer, explain that there are "thousands" of Q5 owners (OK, maybe a couple dozen) looking for a solution & see if he can document what they did? You might also ask if they had to recalibrate all the cameras (they may have, since it took so long). They had to do it on mine the first time they tried applying the TSB that was circulating at that time.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
I still hope so . It's noon here & nothing yet. Any chance you could call the service manager of your dealer, explain that there are "thousands" of Q5 owners (OK, maybe a couple dozen) looking for a solution & see if he can document what they did? You might also ask if they had to recalibrate all the cameras (they may have, since it took so long). They had to do it on mine the first time they tried applying the TSB that was circulating at that time.
Add me to this list of those with the issue (2018 q5 prestige)
Old 11-01-2017, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fun4stuff
Add me to this list of those with the issue (2018 q5 prestige)
in order to develop some intelligence - when was yours built (the build month is on the sticker on the “B” pillar inside the driver’s door)
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in order to develop some intelligence - when was yours built (the build month is on the sticker on the “B” pillar inside the driver’s door)
My production week is 2917 and I have the problem too. The work around only works about 75% of the time and then reverts back to graphics mode.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

10/16? https://imgur.com/a/16jvQ

And putting it in reverse before turning car off does not reliably prevent it from reverting back to the car graphic.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fun4stuff
10/16? https://imgur.com/a/16jvQ

And putting it in reverse before turning car off does not reliably prevent it from reverting back to the car graphic.
Actually - it should look like this - Mine is 07 17 (July 2017). It's at the very bottom of the pillar - you might have to open both left side doors to fully see it (I get the impression you're not in the US?????)
I agree with you about shutting it off in reverse - not a natural act - plus it doesn't fix the problem.
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2017, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually - it should look like this - Mine is 07 17 (July 2017). It's at the very bottom of the pillar - you might have to open both left side doors to fully see it (I get the impression you're not in the US?????)
I agree with you about shutting it off in reverse - not a natural act - plus it doesn't fix the problem.
Its odd. I do not have a sticker like that on the inside the driver side door or car body side (b pillar). Just the sticker I posted and a sticker on tire pressures. I do have a different looking sticker in my trunk by the spare tire and warranty manual that I think list vehicle option codes, Vin etc.. In the trunk, the sticker says 09/17 near the top, so I assume this is the build date. My car came in 10/24. It was manufactured in Mexico. Oh and I'm in the US.

Last edited by Fun4stuff; 11-01-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has there been confirmation that later builds has this issue fixed?

Anyone know how to find out what version of MMI I have and what’s the latest production ready build that Audi had?
Old 11-03-2017, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kjdsider

Anyone know how to find out what version of MMI I have and what €™s the latest production ready build that Audi had?
I doubt it. I just picked mine up 1.5 weeks ago and it has the problem.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kjdsider

Anyone know how to find out what version of MMI I have and what €™s the latest production ready build that Audi had?
Menu > Vehicle > Settings > left drawer > System Maintenance > Version Information > Software Version
Mine (week 30 - late July - build) is Version 1118.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera Issue