AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/)
-   -   Traffic Jam Assist Not Available (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/traffic-jam-assist-not-available-3069422/)

atlanta A6 04-09-2024 10:18 AM

Traffic Jam Assist Not Available

Getting this error probably 75% of the time I get in to drive. At the same point, lane assist is not available if I try to activate it. I assume the two issues are connected but not sure the cause. Will bring it to the dealer but curious if anyone had this issue.

Wires 04-09-2024 03:15 PM

Never experienced that, but the lane assist is the forward facing camera (under the mirror). Might be something up with that.

Alphasierra 04-09-2024 05:00 PM

is your ACC working properly?

Scotty (UK) 04-09-2024 10:10 PM

Traffic jam assist only works with ACC on aand when Lane Assist is on and it has located both lane boundaries (which it indicates by making the lane lines green. If you're not detecting the lanes thrn you won't get traffic assist. The problem is therefore not traffic assist but why your car is not detecting the lanes.

Are you trying this on motorways with good lane markings or smaller roads? I sometimes use it in town and it's pretty hit and miss as it loses the lanes a lot. This can be caused by no kerbside lane markings, side roads, painted islands/lanes separators, etc etc

atlanta A6 04-10-2024 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (UK) (Post 25898837)
Traffic jam assist only works with ACC on aand when Lane Assist is on and it has located both lane boundaries (which it indicates by making the lane lines green. If you're not detecting the lanes thrn you won't get traffic assist. The problem is therefore not traffic assist but why your car is not detecting the lanes.

Are you trying this on motorways with good lane markings or smaller roads? I sometimes use it in town and it's pretty hit and miss as it loses the lanes a lot. This can be caused by no kerbside lane markings, side roads, painted islands/lanes separators, etc etc

interesting point. I have owned the car for almost 3 years and never had this issue before. I leave the cruise control active all the time (the stalk position) and have not had this error before. It happens when I leave my home on unmarked roadways but also on highways but not all the time in the same places. Also, I never use lane keeping assist unless on a long highway drive.
so to summarize, getting this error even when not using cruise control or lane assist and the error pops up randomly at different times. When the error comes up, I noticed if I activate lane assist it will also say “not available”

atlanta A6 04-10-2024 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Alphasierra (Post 25898791)
is your ACC working properly?

yes that always works perfectly

ribeye 04-10-2024 12:32 PM

Make sure all your sensors and camera are clean. You have probably done this, but It is worth mentioning

a6_m4tt 04-10-2024 12:44 PM

I had this issue, not as much as you are but my car was awfully dirty. I got a car wash and it solved the issue. the other time I had this issue was during heavy snowfall. Ice, rain, snow had accumulated pretty heavy where I live and I think it obstructed the sensors.

atlanta A6 04-11-2024 03:59 AM

Yes thank you both. I did completely clean and hand wash my car which did not help. Have a dealer appointment this week and will see what they say. Thanks again and will let everyone know

atlanta A6 04-16-2024 12:50 PM

Quick update here as I was the original poster. Dealer said “nothing wrong” and that it was “the way I was holding the steering wheel” that caused traffic jam assist to not be available. In my opinion, its a bunch of BS but it had me thinking if there is a connection between the car recognizing I had my hands on the steering wheel and traffic and lane keeping assist being available. This is a long shot but I cleaned my steering wheel thoroughly with leather cleaner and since then, have not had the error.