Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2006 Audi Q7 Adaptive Air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Audi Q7 Adaptive Air suspension

Hi I知 new to this forum. I bought this car two months ago as I needed a 7 seater to childmind. I知 now freaking out as the yellow and green lights with the car and arrow pointing down has came on and staying on all the time.
My friend has a diagnostic machine and these are the codes that it is throwing up:

it is all to do with the suspension, I gather that much. I have it booked into a local non Audi garage but not until next week. Anyone any ideas what痴 wrong based on these codes. It sounds like the compressor is coming on but just not changing anything. The car is leaning down toward the drivers side.
thanks

Old 11-23-2018, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

01583 is a leak detected - this is most likely one of the air suspension units and a second hand one is probably a good route to get it repaired providing you know the replacement is good.
01577 is the compressor has powered off due to overheating - probably caused by the leak.
01772 might go when the leak is fixed
00446 - possibly due to the battery getting near discharged?
02250 - could simply be as a result of leak
01400 - as above

I think the key is getting some air back in the system and see if the leak can be detected.

The air struts cannot deflate below 2.5bar pressure unless they have a leak because there is a safety check valve at the top of each which is set to that pressure as a safety measure in event of the air line being damaged when driving.
Old 11-23-2018, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thank you.

I will get on the hunt for a secondhand unit. It is in the non Audi garage on Thursday. Fingers crossed it doesn稚 cost a bomb as I致e only just went self employed.
Kirsty
Old 12-07-2020, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Greetings Kirsty30,

I am new to this forum. Did you manage to get the compressor for the air suspension, if so, how much was it (second hand or new)? I am having a similar problem with my Audi Q7 (2007) S line Quattro TDI.

Would appreciate your feedback.

George
Old 12-09-2020, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kirsty, don't buy a Chinese copycat compressor. I made that mistake and the experience was way below par, the compressor only lasted me for a year. Many compressors on ebay and elsewhere are marketed as Wabco, but in actuality they're just Chinese clones. I swapped my Chinese clone for the real deal just yesterday (did it myself, takes 30 mins.), and the difference is beyond words. The real Wabco is quiet, it provides enough pressure (as measured in the relevant measuring block), comes in a Wabco box with a shiny sticker and date of manufacture, PrioSpot code, which you can check against the box seal, and there is a printed installation manual to it. I bought mine from a German online shop that takes pride in the fact that their [sic] "air spring compressors are manufactured on the same assembly line as the Audi compressors for the air suspension system and thus have an identical quality"

Here are some photos of the unit and stickers:

Old 12-09-2020, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Price of compressor

Originally Posted by Q7Jazzy
Kirsty, don't buy a Chinese copycat compressor. I made that mistake and the experience was way below par, the compressor only lasted me for a year. Many compressors on ebay and elsewhere are marketed as Wabco, but in actuality they're just Chinese clones. I swapped my Chinese clone for the real deal just yesterday (did it myself, takes 30 mins.), and the difference is beyond words. The real Wabco is quiet, it provides enough pressure (as measured in the relevant measuring block), comes in a Wabco box with a shiny sticker and date of manufacture, PrioSpot code, which you can check against the box seal, and there is a printed installation manual to it. I bought mine from a German online shop that takes pride in the fact that their [sic] "air spring compressors are manufactured on the same assembly line as the Audi compressors for the air suspension system and thus have an identical quality"

Here are some photos of the unit and stickers:

Hi Q7 Jazzy, can I ask how much was your genuine wabco compressor?
Old 12-09-2020, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you a PM...
Old 09-02-2021, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi new to this thread. I am having an issue with my Audi Q7 2007 3.0 TDI air suspension is sat on all 4 wheels. Have been advised by the Audi dealership upon diagnosis to replace the valve block. They did a air test so passed air through the compressor and accumulator and that showed no leaks. Once it reaches the valve block it doesn't distribute from there.

Valve block have been told sends air to all 4 wheels.