Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2007 Q7 Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Q7 Sound System

Morning all.
Ive recently acquired a 2007 Q7 SLine complete with BOSE sound system, the sound emitted from the system is fine at low levels however when I need to turn the volume up when traveling at speed for example then all the speakers are distorted as if they have all blown, my first reaction was that the wiring had been butchered however a bit of digging suggested that the amp was the issue, Ive sent this away to be fixed (via the garage i purchased from) and they have come back saying there was a small fault but nothing that could have caused the speaker issue so im back to square one, would you have any advice please? I would be surprised if the wiring has been tampered with as the vehicle is pristine but you never know however there was only the one screw holding the amp in suggesting it has been removed previously - your input would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Chris
Old 11-07-2017, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It does sound to me like it is the amp that is at fault.

It would be good to try a swap of the amp with a known good one.

Are you UK based?
Old 11-07-2017, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edd W
It does sound to me like it is the amp that is at fault.

It would be good to try a swap of the amp with a known good one.

Are you UK based?
Afternoon Edd, Thank you for your reply, the chap I initially took it to was convinced it was the amp, I think this was based on experience & research as we have not had an opportunity to swap out the amp to check, ideally I would like to do this but haven't managed to source one I can try yet. Im based in Llanelli, South Wales.
I also noticed when trying to fine tune the sound in an attempt to minimize speaker vibration that the speaker balance was not correct, it was inverted so to speak so if I turned down the left the right speaker volume would drop.
Just a bit of background, I bought the car from 2nd hand dealer in Wigan, they did initially offer to replace the amp but after some delay in sourcing one (I think the travel distance to get it checked themselves & cost of a replacement amp put them off) they decided to get mine repaired and asked me to send it up to them, but again based on the information Ive had back from them there appears to be no direct fault in the amp, Ive no idea who has tested it as they outsourced this but will ask the question but i think im now being fobbed off unfortunately.
Again thanks for your reply.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The guy at Q7Parts in Liverpool may be willing to help - You'll find him at Q7 Audi Cart Parts