AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Coolant Temp Sensor Fail (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/2008-audi-q7-4-2-coolant-temp-sensor-fail-2972976/)

Willgatlin25 05-26-2019 12:54 AM

2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Coolant Temp Sensor Fail

I have no check engine light on right now but during an unrelated scan of the ECU I’m getting a coolant temp sensor failure code. Engine temp appears to rise and stay right about in the middle. Good strong heat comes into the cab. Only thing I notice is that the electric cooling fans seem to always come on after I park and shut the engine off. Not sure if this is normal operation but either way I’m still getting the temp sensor fail code.
Anyone know where the coolant temp sensor (s) are on the V8 4.2 Q7?

thanks.

Up-it 05-26-2019 03:47 AM

The electric cooling fans will always come on after the car is parked up and being running for a while. They should only run for a couple of minutes though then shut off. What is the fault code associated with the temp sensor? The coolant temp sensor is located when looking at the front of the engine, to the middle but slightly to the right of the engine valley right at the front under the intake manifold, you will see a left, middle and right intake flap linkage group and its located just behind the righthand linkage. It may of been bumped etc when your mechanic took off your intake manifold 10 times but the good news is you can replace it without removing the intake again!!!

Willgatlin25 05-26-2019 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Up-it (Post 25321772)
The electric cooling fans will always come on after the car is parked up and being running for a while. They should only run for a couple of minutes though then shut off. What is the fault code associated with the temp sensor? The coolant temp sensor is located when looking at the front of the engine, to the middle but slightly to the right of the engine valley right at the front under the intake manifold, you will see a left, middle and right intake flap linkage group and its located just behind the righthand linkage. It may of been bumped etc when your mechanic took off your intake manifold 10 times but the good news is you can replace it without removing the intake again!!!

I can replace the sensor without removing the upper intake, even though it’s under the intake? Do you have a picture of the sensor location or a diagram link by chance? I’ve been trying to google a diagram but haven’t had any luck. Thanks!

Willgatlin25 06-20-2019 04:38 AM

I still haven’t found this coolant temp sensor location. I had the upper intake manifold off 2 days ago and lookin around in there I didn’t see anything that looked like a coolant temp sensor. I do see one coolant temp sensor right at the upper radiator hose but that’s the only one I found.