Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2008 Q7 MMI with iPhone 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Q7 MMI with iPhone 3

Anyone iPhone stop working in their Q7. I'm updated on the iPhone with version 4.2.1

Used to work but stopped all of a sudden. Not sure if was due to an update. Anyone know the remedy?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Mine works fine

Originally Posted by GeminiPhotoz
Anyone iPhone stop working in their Q7. I'm updated on the iPhone with version 4.2.1

Used to work but stopped all of a sudden. Not sure if was due to an update. Anyone know the remedy?
2007 Audi Q7 (05/2006) and iPhone 3G with 4.2.1, try to delete devices in the MMI and forget audi device in the iPhone and pair it. Also see which MMI software your Q7 is running.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

2009 Q7 and my iPhone 3G with 4.2.1 At least three times over the last two weeks I had to force connect to Bluetooth. After that and every other time it has work normal. I have found for some reason that syncing my phone seems to help when things are just not right.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by KBLOVE
2009 Q7 and my iPhone 3G with 4.2.1 At least three times over the last two weeks I had to force connect to Bluetooth. After that and every other time it has work normal. I have found for some reason that syncing my phone seems to help when things are just not right.
2nd that
Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

In addition to the sync maybe power-cycle the phone. I am on the latest iphone OS on a 3GS and have no problems with bluetooth or MMI.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello Epic people: RAD2 ~ KBLOVE ~ REGGIE & KRISTATOS,

Didn't think I would get a reply honestly, so... much love for the replies!! you all are awesome... even if it doesn't work. Running to the Q now !
GeminiPhotoz.com
Name:  Q7mirrorpic.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  28.7 KB
Old 12-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hello again Team Q7,
MY bluetooth works fine .. Music wont connect. The MMI keeps saying that it cant connect with the device. I've connected other iphones to it.. they connect but no music will play. Dealer says no update available for my MMI / I have latest version .. how do i verify if I have the latest version of MMI? What is the latest version?
I'm going to resort to taking my iphone to the apple stote to have it reset... anyone have other suggestion. I followed the suggestions below .. no luck.

What was meant by "syncing phone"? .. with Q7 or with itunes library?

anyway .. thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

hello again Team Q7,
MY bluetooth works fine .. Music wont connect.
Well there's your problem. You can't play music on iPhone/iPod using bluetooth connection, you need to plug the media source into the iPhone cable that's in the glovebox (or center console in some models) and then select that device using the 'media' button on your MMI.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now I feel like a pain. If the MMI can play through the bluetooth that would be Soo epic. Is it possible?
My issues are with the iPod plugged in. Mine is in the center council. So I guess I'm screwed? Or can I still hang on to hope to play pandora and my music library in the sweet surround sound we got in the sweetest ride on the road?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now I feel like a pain. If the MMI can play through the bluetooth that would be Soo epic. Is it possible? ...
Or can I still hang on to hope to play pandora and my music library in the sweet surround sound we got in the sweetest ride on the road?
Bluetooth Streaming Audio - Part #4F0051510J

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile designed to transfer 2 channel stereo audio wirelessly from one device to another. The Audi Bluetooth adapter kit includes a USB AMI cable, Bluetooth adapter and Flash drive that contains the software upgrade required to be applied to the MMI system to support this function. Newer cars may already have the updated MMI software. The MMI will determine if an upgrade to the software is needed. 2G systems only. Only for streaming

I don't have it or know anyone with it so can't say how it works but it is possible. You can see at http://www.audi-collection.com/Vehic...treaming-Audio
Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2008 Q7 MMI with iPhone 3