Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2012 Q7 3L V6 engine shake

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Q7 3L V6 engine shake

Hi All,

I have a 2012 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium Plus 3L V6 supercharger with 98K miles.
for last six-eight months, vehicle started consuming lot of engine oil, recently i has to fill engine oil everything 1000 miles

two weeks ago, while driving, all light came up including check engine, TPMS, EPC and two squiggly lines and i felt shake like engine is shaking at certain RPMs
took it to a reputable repair shop and they diagnose that cylinder # 4 is misfiring and recommend that i change the spark plugs and coils, which is also recommended at 100K miles by audi.
I agreed and they charged me $$$ and replaced all six spark plugs and coils.

next day all light came back and vehicle started shaking, took it back to shop and now this time geniuses told me that crankcase ventilation valve is bad and recommended me to change it and said it would cost $$$
they also told me that this valve is also causing the engine oil consumption
i took the car back from them, ordered the part on ebay and paid $ to another mechanic and got the part replaced, that mechanic also replaced my ignition coil.
Pick the car from him, start driving but same condition, while in idle it shakes middle, put it in drive, it shake a lot and while driving it shake a lot at certain RPMs

please advise