Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2014 Q7: no seat memory buttons?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Q7: no seat memory buttons?

My Q7 doesn't seem to have the Set buttons on the door handle for storing seat memory. This pic is from the manual I downloaded (and is concurrent with the Youtube vids I've watched about storing seat memory):

My door doesn't have these buttons. Any ideas how/where I can set the seat memory?!
Old 04-05-2021, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

I could be wrong but I was of the opinion that seat memory is tied to the key if the button is missing given that they are smart keys. With both keys a distance away from car. Take one key, Use the key to start it and adjust seat to an obscure position. Then shut it off. Go to far end of house and grab the other key. Try starting car. Did seat move.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edzzed
I could be wrong but I was of the opinion that seat memory is tied to the key if the button is missing given that they are smart keys. With both keys a distance away from car. Take one key, Use the key to start it and adjust seat to an obscure position. Then shut it off. Go to far end of house and grab the other key. Try starting car. Did seat move.
Ok happy to try that, but was under the impression that things needed to be enabled in Audi MMI to allow this. I've poked about in MMI and there's no reference to seat memory at all, let alone how to store it with a key.
I'll let you know how I go...!
Old 04-05-2021, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the subject of seat memory, I have never been able to get mine (09 4L) to work - on/off light works. but the buttons - 1, 2 or 3 don't remember any of the settings - Quite a height difference between my and the wife, so every other day I'm mannually repositioning the set, 1st world problem, but would love to conquer this and have the memory working - Would this be a module under the seat?
Old 04-05-2021, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edzzed
Tried it, but it didn't work
Old 04-06-2021, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Does the panel with the window switches work? I'd guess that's where your issues are stemming from.

Originally Posted by AudiCamNZ
On the subject of seat memory, I have never been able to get mine (09 4L) to work - on/off light works. but the buttons - 1, 2 or 3 don't remember any of the settings - Quite a height difference between my and the wife, so every other day I'm mannually repositioning the set, 1st world problem, but would love to conquer this and have the memory working - Would this be a module under the seat?
I've not seen or even heard of a Q7 without the memory function buttons. I suspect that at some point someone changed that panel to a none US version because my understanding is that all US cars came with memory standard. To enable to memory function you may be able to do it using Carista or VSCD for sure to enable the function - it might be in the green menu - but I'm not sure how that would help you as you would still not have the physical button needed.

Originally Posted by Junta
My Q7 doesn't seem to have the Set buttons on the door handle for storing seat memory. This pic is from the manual I downloaded (and is concurrent with the Youtube vids I've watched about storing seat memory):

My door doesn't have these buttons. Any ideas how/where I can set the seat memory?!
Old 04-06-2021, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Blackfunk
I've not seen or even heard of a Q7 without the memory function buttons. I suspect that at some point someone changed that panel to a none US version because my understanding is that all US cars came with memory standard. To enable to memory function you may be able to do it using Carista or VSCD for sure to enable the function - it might be in the green menu - but I'm not sure how that would help you as you would still not have the physical button needed.
This is actually a UK model, imported to New Zealand. That said, every/all search I've done on storing memory seats all reference the button panel...which we don't seem to have!
I assume it's been removed at some point in the past, then...
Old 04-06-2021, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good day !
If there is no seat memory, then one button cannot be used there, the seat drive motors are different for 4-pins and the memory unit must be changed depending on the vehicle equipment and have the component protection removed from an Audi dealer. If anyone is interested, I can lay out the necessary list of parts. I installed this option for many of us and it takes almost a day.