Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

does tsb 17-07-11 really exist???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does tsb 17-07-11 really exist???

Hi guys,
I have a 2007 Q7 with Vin ending on 36722 and i have an "oil pressure light- rattle noise at cold start" issue. I read a numerous threads on this forum and some forum fellow members mentioned TSB 17-07-11. So, I called AoA and two dealers - none of them were aware of the tsb. can anyone just tell me if it really exists. the Q is beyond the warranty with 45K on odometer and i'm just trying to get it fixed. I bought the Q recently and did not knnow about the issue. Thanks God it does not have a sunroof!!! :-)
Old 06-21-2011, 04:30 PM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by chatterbox
Hi guys,
I have a 2007 Q7 with Vin ending on 36722 and i have an "oil pressure light- rattle noise at cold start" issue. I read a numerous threads on this forum and some forum fellow members mentioned TSB 17-07-11. So, I called AoA and two dealers - none of them were aware of the tsb. can anyone just tell me if it really exists. the Q is beyond the warranty with 45K on odometer and i'm just trying to get it fixed. I bought the Q recently and did not knnow about the issue. Thanks God it does not have a sunroof!!! :-)
It's 17-07-10
Old 06-21-2011, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2751940
Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is 17-07-11 but ask them about part number 03H 115 403 J. I think it replaces 022-199-354 L.
The upgraded Oli pump housing has a different type of non return valve in it.
check your VIN (in drivers door on B pillar) to see if the TSB applies to you. Anything under 062000 was in the range. It was only ever carried out on a needs basis, no general recall.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default it's in fact TSB-2015411/8

one of two dealers I'd been harassing with it finally got back to me.
They were able to find the tsb by my description and the number they gave me was 2015411/8.
For some reasons they said Audi did not issue a recall on "oil pressure indicator - rattling noise at cold start", so, if i wanted to do it i'll have to kiss $1100 good bye. They also said that audi issues recalls if there's a safety problem and this noisy cold start does not cause any harm to an engine, so, if i want to fix it - it's on my own expense.

Should i call Audi of Canada and give them hard time? I doubt i'll move any further with it.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 PM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Technical Service Bulletin Audi

Oil pressure light on and/or rattle noise from engine at cold start

17-07-10 Sept. 14,2007
20l54ll13.SupersedesTechnicalServiceBulletinGroupl Tnumber0T-06datedJuly
23,2007 to change affected model years.

Model(s) Year VIN Range Vehicle-Specific Equipment

v6 3.6FSl

Audi Q7 2007

Condition

The customer may report:
. Oil pressure warning light comes on intermittently at engine cold start.
r Intermittent rattle or clatter noise from engine area at engine cold start for more than 2 seconds.

Technical Background

The camshaft adjustment is hydraulically actuated and controlled by the engine oil pressure. If the engine has
been turned off for a longer time, the oil pressure drops down, and the oil partially flows back into the oil sump. To
ensure an efficient camshaft adjustment right after arr engine cold start, the oil pressure inside the camshaft adjusters must be built up as fast as possible. During this time a rattle or clutter noise may be noticeable. This noise will last until the oil pressure is fully built up, which normally happens within 1-2 seconds after engine start.
If the noise stays for more than 2 seconds, the engine oil pressure buildup is delayed. This can cause the oil pressure warning light to come on because of overly sensitive monitoring by the instrument cluster software.

This delayed engine oil pressure buildup does not harm the engine

Production Solution

An additional non-return valve installed in the engine oil circulation and new software in the instrument cluster
resolved the problem.

Service

It is not necessary to receive an authorization number from the Technical Assistance Center for the repairs described in this bulletin

1. Drain engine oil.
2. Replace the oil filter flange (= driver-side engine bracket) with the part number 03H 115 403 H following Repair Manual in ElsaWeb.
3. Replace both oil cooler gaskets.
4. Refill engine oil.
5. Update the Instrument Cluster Software using the SVM action code as listed in the table below.
Page 1 of3

Model Engine Old Software Old Software New New SVM Action
Part Number Version Software Part Software Code
Number Version
(or higher)
Audi Q7 with
midline instrument
cluster
4F0 91 0 900
(, Ail
4F0 910 900
N44L9OMYM
VR6 3.6 FSI
AudiQ7 with
highline instrument
4F0 91 0 930
Ail
4F0 910 930
N44L9OMYH2
cluster
C Note:

Do not use a 6017 or 6017A while flashing. Doing so may result in complete control module failure.

Tip:
The SVM Process must be completed in its entirety so the database receives the update confirmation response.
A warranty claim may not be reimbursed if there is no confirmation response to support the claim.

For further SVM update instructions and troubleshootinrg, please refer to the SVM Operating Manual;ElsaWeb
TSB 201 1732.

Warranty

When procedure applies to vehicles within the New Vehicle Limnited Warranty, use the following:
Claim Type: W2
Part ldentifier: 1 733
Labor Operation: 1733 19 0B Oil Filter Flange remove + install 250 TU
Labor Operation: 9025 25 99 Reflash for midline instrument cluster (red, monochrornatic 60 TU

center display
Labor Operation. 9025 26 99 Ref lash for highline instlument cluster (full color center 90 TU
display)
Diagnostic time reimbursement follows guidelines printed in Section 2.2 of the Audi Warranty

Diagnostic Time:

Policies and Procedures Manual
Claim Comment: As per TSB # 201541113
All warranty claims submitted for payment must be in accordance with the Audi Warranty Policies and Procedures Manual. Claims are subject to review or audit by Audi Warranty

Page 2 of3

Required Parts and Tools

Part Number Part Description Quantity
03H 1 15 403 H Oil Filter Flange (= drivers side engine bracket) 1
038 1 '17 070 Gasket 1
038 1 17 070 A Sealing Washer 1

r
Destroy and properly dispose of removed parts in accordance with local, state and federallprovincial
environrnental regulations.

Additional lnformation

The following Technical Service Bulletin will be necessary to complete this procedure:
. 2011732; Software Version Managernent (SVM) Operating Manual

All part and service references provided in this TSB are subject to change and/or removal. Always check with
your Parts Dept. and service manuals for the latest information.

Page 3 of3

Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TJK

Oil pressure light on and/or rattle noise from engine at cold start

17-07-10 Sept. 14,2007
20l54ll13.SupersedesTechnicalServiceBulletinGroupl Tnumber0T-06datedJuly
23,2007 to change affected model years.

Model(s) Year VIN Range Vehicle-Specific Equipment

v6 3.6FSl

Audi Q7 2007

Condition

The customer may report:
. Oil pressure warning light comes on intermittently at engine cold start.
r Intermittent rattle or clatter noise from engine area at engine cold start for more than 2 seconds.

Technical Background

The camshaft adjustment is hydraulically actuated and controlled by the engine oil pressure. If the engine has
been turned off for a longer time, the oil pressure drops down, and the oil partially flows back into the oil sump. To
ensure an efficient camshaft adjustment right after arr engine cold start, the oil pressure inside the camshaft adjusters must be built up as fast as possible. During this time a rattle or clutter noise may be noticeable. This noise will last until the oil pressure is fully built up, which normally happens within 1-2 seconds after engine start.
If the noise stays for more than 2 seconds, the engine oil pressure buildup is delayed. This can cause the oil pressure warning light to come on because of overly sensitive monitoring by the instrument cluster software.

This delayed engine oil pressure buildup does not harm the engine

Production Solution

An additional non-return valve installed in the engine oil circulation and new software in the instrument cluster
resolved the problem.

Service

It is not necessary to receive an authorization number from the Technical Assistance Center for the repairs described in this bulletin

1. Drain engine oil.
2. Replace the oil filter flange (= driver-side engine bracket) with the part number 03H 115 403 H following Repair Manual in ElsaWeb.
3. Replace both oil cooler gaskets.
4. Refill engine oil.
5. Update the Instrument Cluster Software using the SVM action code as listed in the table below.
Page 1 of3

Model Engine Old Software Old Software New New SVM Action
Part Number Version Software Part Software Code
Number Version
(or higher)
Audi Q7 with
midline instrument
cluster
4F0 91 0 900
(, Ail
4F0 910 900
N44L9OMYM
VR6 3.6 FSI
AudiQ7 with
highline instrument
4F0 91 0 930
Ail
4F0 910 930
N44L9OMYH2
cluster
C Note:

Do not use a 6017 or 6017A while flashing. Doing so may result in complete control module failure.

Tip:
The SVM Process must be completed in its entirety so the database receives the update confirmation response.
A warranty claim may not be reimbursed if there is no confirmation response to support the claim.

For further SVM update instructions and troubleshootinrg, please refer to the SVM Operating Manual;ElsaWeb
TSB 201 1732.

Warranty

When procedure applies to vehicles within the New Vehicle Limnited Warranty, use the following:
Claim Type: W2
Part ldentifier: 1 733
Labor Operation: 1733 19 0B Oil Filter Flange remove + install 250 TU
Labor Operation: 9025 25 99 Reflash for midline instrument cluster (red, monochrornatic 60 TU

center display
Labor Operation. 9025 26 99 Ref lash for highline instlument cluster (full color center 90 TU
display)
Diagnostic time reimbursement follows guidelines printed in Section 2.2 of the Audi Warranty

Diagnostic Time:

Policies and Procedures Manual
Claim Comment: As per TSB # 201541113
All warranty claims submitted for payment must be in accordance with the Audi Warranty Policies and Procedures Manual. Claims are subject to review or audit by Audi Warranty

Page 2 of3

Required Parts and Tools

Part Number Part Description Quantity
03H 1 15 403 H Oil Filter Flange (= drivers side engine bracket) 1
038 1 '17 070 Gasket 1
038 1 17 070 A Sealing Washer 1

r
Destroy and properly dispose of removed parts in accordance with local, state and federallprovincial
environrnental regulations.

Additional lnformation

The following Technical Service Bulletin will be necessary to complete this procedure:
. 2011732; Software Version Managernent (SVM) Operating Manual

All part and service references provided in this TSB are subject to change and/or removal. Always check with
your Parts Dept. and service manuals for the latest information.

Page 3 of3

Hi, just wondering how important is the software part of this fix? I had dieseling issue with my 3.6, and 2 days ago I replaced oil filter housing with new upgraded non-return valve. It took care of morning noise and oil pressure light that was coming on. Since I did this on my own I didn't do software upgrade. I have vag com, not sure if that will help?!?
Reason I am asking all this is that I started experiencing hard shift from the tranny last night and this morning. It's got to be unrelated to the cluster software upgrad but figureg I would ask anyways. I am probably due to tranny flush but just the fact that it shifted great before I replaced oil filter housing made me look for a connection.
Any input greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by krusko
Hi, just wondering how important is the software part of this fix? I had dieseling issue with my 3.6, and 2 days ago I replaced oil filter housing with new upgraded non-return valve. It took care of morning noise and oil pressure light that was coming on. Since I did this on my own I didn't do software upgrade. I have vag com, not sure if that will help?!?
Reason I am asking all this is that I started experiencing hard shift from the tranny last night and this morning. It's got to be unrelated to the cluster software upgrad but figureg I would ask anyways. I am probably due to tranny flush but just the fact that it shifted great before I replaced oil filter housing made me look for a connection.
So was the shift problem related to not doing the cluster software update?
Also which housing part number did you get, the tsb refers to part ending with h but seems only the one ending in j is available?
Old 05-06-2018, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by krusko
Hello friend.. did you have to get the software part taken care of?