Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2015 Audi Q7 S-LIne Tyres 21" Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Audi Q7 S-LIne Tyres 21" Recommendations

Looking for recommendations for our 2015 Q7 S-Line tyres. It has 21". We had new tyres put on in December : Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 XL BSW.

We have had one develop a slow leak and another with a blow-out. We have also rotated the tyres to get balanced wear.

I don't know if it is available but we are looking for tyres that are very durable and have "reasonable" longevity and price. The surface we drive one are bitumenised road (blacktop); dry and wet with the occasional (very) snow/sludge. Also dirt road ( all seasons). Snow is minimal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

Your not going to get anything that lasts longer and performs much better without ditching the 21in "rimz" and getting reasonable sized wheels that fit real truck tires.. like 18s, otherwise.. you already got about the best you can get so embrace it.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thankyou for the reply.

I suspected as much, but one could always hope.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moi2
Looking for recommendations for our 2015 Q7 S-Line tyres. It has 21". We had new tyres put on in December : Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 XL BSW.

We have had one develop a slow leak and another with a blow-out. We have also rotated the tyres to get balanced wear.

I don't know if it is available but we are looking for tyres that are very durable and have "reasonable" longevity and price. The surface we drive one are bitumenised road (blacktop); dry and wet with the occasional (very) snow/sludge. Also dirt road ( all seasons). Snow is minimal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.
I went with the 295/40/21 pirelli Scorpion Zero on mine. I have had mine for almost 2 years putting about 45-50 thousand miles on them. I have them rotated about every four months because of the miles I put on them. And they are also good in the Chicago snow.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TrickyQ7
I went with the 295/40/21 pirelli Scorpion Zero on mine. I have had mine for almost 2 years putting about 45-50 thousand miles on them. I have them rotated about every four months because of the miles I put on them. And they are also good in the Chicago snow.
Thankyou for the information. Do you drive on dirt road? And how do they perform on dirt?

We live rural and have a daily 2 mile drive on dirt.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Moi2
Thankyou for the information. Do you drive on dirt road? And how do they perform on dirt?

We live rural and have a daily 2 mile drive on dirt.
No dirt roads, but the potholes are very bad here. Also get your alignment checked.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thankyou again....

We have gravel/rock dirt road ….bad. Add a few potholes too...

I will keep the Pirelli in mind for when our next tyre drama occurs.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickyQ7
No dirt roads, but the potholes are very bad here. Also get your alignment checked.
Do you get any rubbing? From what I've read, everyone here that's moved up to the 40 series had front rubbing. They tried to downplay it, but then ended up replacing them weeks later. It looks like you're sitting higher, perhaps you have the regular suspension and clears better? Weird.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have air suspension or stock ones. I usually use one size higher on my TDI (20') but I was always afraid to try on my S-Line with 21s.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Do you get any rubbing? From what I've read, everyone here that's moved up to the 40 series had front rubbing. They tried to downplay it, but then ended up replacing them weeks later. It looks like you're sitting higher, perhaps you have the regular suspension and clears better? Weird.
Originally Posted by bmwrt
Do you have air suspension or stock ones. I usually use one size higher on my TDI (20') but I was always afraid to try on my S-Line with 21s.
My Q is on non air suspension, and the only rub I get is turning sharp when parking. Other than that nothing. With the taller tire it even rides better. I did not like the low profile tires that the wheels came with. Mine came with the 20’s but I was blessed with the 21’s.

With the low profiles stock size.

Quick Reply: 2015 Audi Q7 S-LIne Tyres 21" Recommendations