Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2015 Q7 Front license plate bracket removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Q7 Front license plate bracket removal?

Hello,
we just got our 2015 Q7 TDI, and unfortunately it came with a front license plate holder, instead of a filler plate. At delivery I asked the salesperson to swap it out with a filler plate. He went away for a while then came back and said that they don't simply pop on and off, but rather it is an involved process, you need to take the bumper off, etc. I was suspicious, but didn't argue the point at the time. Since then I've done some research and it seems that these pieces do snap on and off, albeit maybe not that easily. I want to call him on his misinformation, but before that I wanted to make sure that the 2015 is no different than the prior model years in this regard. If this community could confirm I'll be grateful. I can then call them and let them know they gave me a bunch of BS, and we want the filler plate.
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2015, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Grasp both end and pull straight out. It's just clipped and should be very easy to swap.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in similar situation, but have been too lazy to chase a replacement filler. Please do let us know how you get on, as I might do more than search for a cute plate to put on the car. My wife suggested something with Pink Kittens, and my John Deere plate just doesn't go, so I probably need to get the filler plate.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Q7-retired
I'm in similar situation, but have been too lazy to chase a replacement filler. Please do let us know how you get on, as I might do more than search for a cute plate to put on the car. My wife suggested something with Pink Kittens, and my John Deere plate just doesn't go, so I probably need to get the filler plate.
Hi. I was able to get the dealer to swap it out for me. If you check this forum, there are a few guys who might want to swap, or sell you one.
Best,
Mark
Old 01-31-2015, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just bought a 2015 Q7 TDi

I am curious to know if I would be able to put the 2013 Q7 s line honeycomb grill on this vehicle which Ida 2015. My other option is to put the license ate filler in. Does anyone have any insight on the honeycomb grill? I also have the front camera option...is it possible and would I have to modify it to mount the camera? I also attached a link for reference to what the honeycomb grill looks like!

Thanks,

Jay!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151517645198?cmd=VIDESC
The following users liked this post:
carlykay (02-04-2021)
Old 06-11-2015, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Swap Front Plate Filler

I purchased a 2015 Q7 in December and it did not have the trim with the front plate holder which was ok since I lived in a state that did not require a front plate. I have recently relocated to Illinois and need to have a front plate. Does anyone have the trim with the front plate holder that would like to swap? My filler trim is glossy black with horizontal 2 silver/chrome stripes.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Swap Front Plate Filler

Originally Posted by bpatel219
I purchased a 2015 Q7 in December and it did not have the trim with the front plate holder which was ok since I lived in a state that did not require a front plate. I have recently relocated to Illinois and need to have a front plate. Does anyone have the trim with the front plate holder that would like to swap? My filler trim is glossy black with horizontal 2 silver/chrome stripes.
I would swap with you I just moved to Florida and I don't need a front plate and it looks silly.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've recently moved to a state (Virginia) that requires a front license plate from a state (Georgia) that does not. I too would be willing to swap the trim. The dealer wants $800+ to install something that would have been standard at no additional cost if I had purchased the car in a state that required a front license plate.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have 2015 Q7 prestige black front plate holder and I would be VERY happy to swap out for the blank filler, and pay shipping too! That would make my day.

Send me PM to arrange.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I just bought a 2015 Q7 with front plate holder but I need to swap it for a filler

I just bought a 2015 Q7 with front plate holder but I need a filler cause I live in Michigan and they don't need a front license plate

QUOTE=bpatel219;24695295]I purchased a 2015 Q7 in December and it did not have the trim with the front plate holder which was ok since I lived in a state that did not require a front plate. I have recently relocated to Illinois and need to have a front plate. Does anyone have the trim with the front plate holder that would like to swap? My filler trim is glossy black with horizontal 2 silver/chrome stripes.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: 2015 Q7 Front license plate bracket removal?