Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2017 Q7

Old 10-13-2015, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Cassidy
Got the new 2017 Q7 Order Form today..
Any idea about the prices for the various options? Do you know when the Q7 Order Form with prices will be available?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've got a MY15 as well.. and comparatively speaking, I'm told the new ones might be a few % points higher, but should be very well aligned to the an existing MY15 fully optioned out. IE it would not be a huge difference. I'm told pricing and the like is due in Nov with first deliveries in NA scheduled for January...

There is an S-Line edition, but hasn't been optioned for NA just yet. that could be coming in the next revision for delivery mid next year.

Still working to confirm the SQ7, if its confirmed its coming to the states, with the Twin Electronic Turbo TDI V8 as rumored, I'll pass on my spot in line for the MY17 Q7 and wait. :-)

And I'll say this, as the XC90 comparison is getting old... Driving an Audi is about an experience... not a "deal", that's what Volvo's, Toyota's and Honda's are for... If you want a "driving experience" and genuinely enjoy driving the Audi is heads above the Volvo. But to each his/her own...
Old 10-13-2015, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan Cassidy

And I'll say this, as the XC90 comparison is getting old... Driving an Audi is about an experience... not a "deal", that's what Volvo's, Toyota's and Honda's are for... If you want a "driving experience" and genuinely enjoy driving the Audi is heads above the Volvo. But to each his/her own...
This is a bit of what I was driving at, though I would still argue that the new XC90 has the potential to compete with the 2nd gen Q7, at least at certain trim levels. I'd expect a lot of prospective buyers in the 3 row premium SUV market will cross shop the XC90- The Volvo is quite pretty inside and out. I just don't yet buy the grass is greener argument- not yet anyway.

What remains to be seen is if Volvo can compete in vehicle performance and user/dealer experience areas, at least relative to Audi. I'm skeptical because they just don't have the "deep bench" that Audi does and every 1st gen XC90 owner I knew had theirs in the shop A LOT, and they were very expensive to repair out of warranty.

For all the hype Volvo created surrounding the new XC90, you'd wonder why there are over 1100 units sitting on US dealer lots waiting to be sold as I write this. If they are in such high demand, why are they so readily available? (rhetorical)

Unless I missed it, it would be nice to have Iconoclast drop us a visit with his first impressions- I believe he had an XC90 on order.

Last edited by VAG-Fan1; 10-13-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcullen
Does anyone know if there will be an S-Line or sport edition? Nothing in the current order guide. Maybe they will add it to the next revision. Anyone hear anything about this?
I attended an Audi Club event this summer at AoA HQ near Dulles Airport where they introduced a number of new vehicles including the new Q7. The AoA product manager presented the vehcile to us and we had an opportunity to ask a lot of questions. The models they had on the floor were Euro spec vehicles. When asked to point out what we could expect to be able to get in the US he pointed out 3 things we won't be getting - S-Line (he doesn't think it looks as good as stock), full LED headlights (not legal), and folding rear trailer hitch (also not legal).
Old 10-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 281 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by ksalno
I attended an Audi Club event this summer at AoA HQ near Dulles Airport where they introduced a number of new vehicles including the new Q7. The AoA product manager presented the vehcile to us and we had an opportunity to ask a lot of questions. The models they had on the floor were Euro spec vehicles. When asked to point out what we could expect to be able to get in the US he pointed out 3 things we won't be getting - S-Line (he doesn't think it looks as good as stock), full LED headlights (not legal), and folding rear trailer hitch (also not legal).
There are several cars currently sold in US that are full LED headlights. I'm considering a 2016 Mercedes-Benz E400 coupe that has them.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
There are several cars currently sold in US that are full LED headlights. I'm considering a 2016 Mercedes-Benz E400 coupe that has them.
I think this is what he meant as not being available in the US. You can check out video demos on the Audi sites in Europe.

A direct evolution of Audi’s LED headlights, Audi’s Matrix technology provides maximum and precise illumination at all times without dazzling other road users
The vehicle uses information obtained from multiple sources including the interior mirror camera and navigation system to identify the appropriate lighting required; using GPS data the vehicle will use high beam, but will automatically switch to dipped lighting when entering built up areas; whilst high beam is in use, and oncoming traffic is detected, the Matrix beam dips or fully extinguishes individual lighting diodes. Matrix beam is capable of establishing and tracking multiple road users and illuminating the appropriate corridor(s) of light either side of them to maintain maximum visibility of the road and surrounding environment without causing disruption to others.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 281 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by ksalno
I think this is what he meant as not being available in the US. You can check out video demos on the Audi sites in Europe.
Yeah--I've known about that for a long time. Programming to control high beams. I was just stating that full LED headlights are available in US.