Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Adaptive Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise

As a potential Q7 buyer I have come across a few posts here that talk about people having ACC on their 14-15 Q7s. When looking at the order guides I cannot find this as an option either in a package, or stand alone. What's the deal??
Old 12-04-2018, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I looked into this in great detail when I was looking for my 2014 Q7.

For the US in 2015 it was only available on the Sport Style Plus package - Code PSC and only available on S-Line. You can identify them by the larger Front Grill and black wheels, its not listed in the order guide. For 2014 they also had the Sport Plus, but in addition you could get it as an option on Plus and Prestige called the Technology Package - Code PTA. Harder to identify these in the wild. but if you look for the center front camera on the grill, the unique distance switch on the cruise stalk, and when in the camera is on the display there will be more options shown in the top right corner.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you for the insight. Strange that it isn't listed under those packages on the order guide, unless I just overlooked it. Where is the actual radar located??
Old 12-04-2018, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Right behind the front plate, on the passenger side.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is incorrect. On my 2015 TDI S-Line Prestige I have ACC. It's not a sports style plus package.

Originally Posted by GTPlus
I looked into this in great detail when I was looking for my 2014 Q7.

For the US in 2015 it was only available on the Sport Style Plus package - Code PSC and only available on S-Line. You can identify them by the larger Front Grill and black wheels, its not listed in the order guide. For 2014 they also had the Sport Plus, but in addition you could get it as an option on Plus and Prestige called the Technology Package - Code PTA. Harder to identify these in the wild. but if you look for the center front camera on the grill, the unique distance switch on the cruise stalk, and when in the camera is on the display there will be more options shown in the top right corner.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lentiman
This is incorrect. On my 2015 TDI S-Line Prestige I have ACC. It's not a sports style plus package.

That is interesting, during my search I looked over probably hundreds of 14 and 15 Q7's and didn't come across a 15 with ACC other than that one package. Can you share what option codes you have? Maybe it could help the OP in the search. The order guides don't do a really good job of explaining all the contents of the packages.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Honestly your going to have to check photos of every Q7 and look for the ACC option on the left column stock, next to the regular cruise control.

It’ll be easier than checking for air suspension! Most dealers don’t take but more than one photo of the rear hatch area and it usually doesn’t catch whether the switch is there or not!

I found usually only the fully loaded Q’s came with it. However like noted about, you could possibly get it solely as an option on its own; just Uber rare at that point.

Im pretty sure it was a Prestige level only option like air suspension though. That will narrow the field pretty good, not as many Prestige’s to sort through.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I used this site to look up window stickers.

Window Stickers: Audi Vin Decoder and Audi Window Sticker Tool - Wikilender
Old 12-06-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good info guys. I was hoping to find an easy way to spot it from the outside, since not everyone puts up a pic of the cruise stalk. This is the first audi model I have found that it wasn't obvious by looking at the front.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here is an example of one that shows to have acc on the window sticker. Pics arent very good.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Quick Reply: Adaptive Cruise