Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Adaptive Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:50 PM
RSP
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise Control

I noticed that Adaptive Cruise Control is offered as a $2,100 option on both the 2011 Q7 3.0L TFSIs and the 3.0L TDI. Has anyone used it on an earlier MY Q7? Did it perform well?

I have a friend who had it on his A6 and indicated he only had one problem, that was trying to use it when driving in inclement weather. The guidance Audi provides indicates that it is unreliable in heavy rain and or snow since the radar sensor at the front has trouble seeing the moving car ahead. Makes sense.

The problem my friend described is the fact that when the Adaptive Cruise Control sensed this problem it would kick off, not only the adaptive radar sensing part, but his cruise control in total. In other words, no adaptive feature due to inclement weather meant no cruise control at all.

I don't know if this is still the case or if the adaptive feature is not available that it will default to regular cruise control. Perhaps you can turn the adaptive cruise feature off via the MMI and retain regular cruise control. Please pass on any feedback you may have on this option.

Thanks,

RSP
Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSP
I noticed that Adaptive Cruise Control is offered as a $2,100 option on both the 2011 Q7 3.0L TFSIs and the 3.0L TDI. Has anyone used it on an earlier MY Q7? Did it perform well?
I love the ACC. I have it in my 2007 Q7. I miss it terribly whenever I have to drive a car that doesn't have it. But yes, in bad weather it has issues and you're stuck without any cruise control at all. Having said that, honestly, if the weather is bad enough that the ACC is not working, the conditions warrant full attention (and no Cruise Control) anyway...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have ACC in my '07 as well. I love it except for the fact that towing a trailer automatically disables the ACC. (At least in the USA I was told it was a liability issue) It's so good that I have almost rear-ended a car on the freeway while driving another car without ACC. I kept waiting for the car to start slowing and of corse it didn't. It's that addicting. My only critique is that it will brake really hard when the car in front pulls off into a turn lane and slows for the turn. The easiest way to overcome this is press the accelerator pedal to override the ACC until you've past the car.