Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

After market tint on 2015 Q7 S-line

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market tint on 2015 Q7 S-line

The 2015 S-line Q7 comes with tint on all of the back windows, but not the front driver or passenger windows. So, I'm looking to get after market tint on the front 2 windows.

I'm new to this - have never had after market tint put on my car before and appreciate some guidance.

Has anyone else done this and could offer some guidance?

I've been looking online at packages and not sure if I need to just get the 2 window package or if I really should have all the windows done.

Do they need to remove the existing tint and put new tint on all windows to ensure they all match?

How much should this cost?

Have any pictures you can share on what it looks like when done?

Appreciate any guidance and info you can share! Thanks, Ed
And, if you're in the Eastern Mass area, do you have anyone you recommend? I could go south to RI or north to Southern NH, but would prefer to stay in the Boston area (inside 495).

Old 02-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is my 2014 just after I had the driver and passenger windows tinted. If memory serves me correctly, I had these two side windows tinted to about 30%, with Llumar ceramic tint.

This premium tint ran me about $200, for "the best guy in the area" to do this job.

A professional installer will complete the job QUICKLY and they will warranty their work.

My 2014 Q7 after front window tint installation
Old 02-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Forgot to answer the rest of your questions...

I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, USA

There is no existing tint to remove on the front two windows, any darkness is contained within the glass.

If you've installed vinyl lettering before or REALLY enjoyed putting tiny stickers on model cars as a child, then you have a chance of not totally botching the job of installing the tint yourself. For just two windows, I strongly suggest having a professional installer install the tint.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

I had 20% 3M tint put on the front windows and it is a close match to the factory tint. $130
Old 02-11-2019, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by daterps
The 2015 S-line Q7 comes with tint on all of the back windows, but not the front driver or passenger windows. So, I'm looking to get after market tint on the front 2 windows.

I'm new to this - have never had after market tint put on my car before and appreciate some guidance.

Has anyone else done this and could offer some guidance?

I've been looking online at packages and not sure if I need to just get the 2 window package or if I really should have all the windows done.

Do they need to remove the existing tint and put new tint on all windows to ensure they all match?

How much should this cost?

Have any pictures you can share on what it looks like when done?

Appreciate any guidance and info you can share! Thanks, Ed
And, if you're in the Eastern Mass area, do you have anyone you recommend? I could go south to RI or north to Southern NH, but would prefer to stay in the Boston area (inside 495).
I lived in south California, had mine done, all windows including windshield and sun roofs! Best decision I made.
I stayed a shade lighter on the front windows, because of the windshield.
I asked my guy about ceramic tint because it seemed impressive and he explained why it is not good, absorbs so much heat that it bubbles after a couple of years and he quit applying it, so I am glad I passed on it.