Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Air Con coming out hard at back but not front vents?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Con coming out hard at back but not front vents?

Hi,

I just recently purchased 2008 Q7 4.2 litre Diesel. Love it, however when I was driving home the air con started going on it. I went online and saying blower motor so ordered one and replaced myself.

The fan makes a lot of noise so seems to be working ok. I took out the cabin filter (which was filthy) and blows a little better but not strong enough to keep cool on hot days here in Australia.

The back seems to blow pretty hard but the front vents feel like they are on 3-4 blower speed however I have them at 12!

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Beau
Old 12-10-2017, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Beauds
Hi,

I just recently purchased 2008 Q7 4.2 litre Diesel. Love it, however when I was driving home the air con started going on it. I went online and saying blower motor so ordered one and replaced myself.

The fan makes a lot of noise so seems to be working ok. I took out the cabin filter (which was filthy) and blows a little better but not strong enough to keep cool on hot days here in Australia.

The back seems to blow pretty hard but the front vents feel like they are on 3-4 blower speed however I have them at 12!

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Beau
hey mate, I have the same car but the petrol version bud. The rears work off an independent a/c unit located in the back left hand corner of the boot that’s why it would be operating much faster. You can however under the setup button next to the drivers a/c temp control button, synchronise the speeds and temp via following the mmi screen under “rear operation”.
but back to the front fan issue. Have you tried changing the vent air delivery positions? not just on auto? ie. like foot area or r/h side only etc to determine the fault is with all vent locations. These also need to be selected under the mmi screen also mate.
let us know how you go.
thanks Doug

Last edited by Up-it; 12-10-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Do you have a Ross-Tech Vagcom? If you, do under the Auto HVAC setting you can run a flap servo learning procedure to relearn the new positions. There are also other options that you could run to help narrow down what the problem is.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANK YOU

Thank you for your replies.

I have tried everything with the MMI without any success. And thanks for letting me know why the back is working fine Doug, makes sense they are run independent as I could not work out why the back was getting 12 speed blower and the front couldn't.

I have purchased a new blower motor online however the casing was for a left hand vehicle, even after informing them of where I was and my model etc said it would fit.

Anyway I took the old casing off and replaced the motor without success. I have now ordered a A/C HEATER BLOWER FAN RESISTOR SPEED CONTROLLER from ebay and hopefully that will do the trick. (Just waiting for that to arrive)

Does anyone know if that fan motor would spin in the wrong direction being meant for a left hand drive or would it be the same?

Thanks again for all your help, I will let you know how I go.

Thank you,
Beau