Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Air Intake and exhaust upgrade suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intake and exhaust upgrade suggestions

I've had a 2011 Q7 S-Line with the 3.0T for a little over a year now. I've recently started looking into getting an air intake and new exhaust. I can't seem to find many, if any, upgrades for this vehicle. The only exhaust kit out there is the Magnaflow (15085). Every other brand is either not sold in the US or no longer available. I really liked the sound out of the REMUS.

As for an air intake, nothing is ever listed. I've read that the A6 and S4 have the same 3.0 engine, so i'm wondering if those Intakes fit my Q7.

Any suggestions on where to look or what is actually available or interchangeable?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Exhaust

just have a good muffler shop put a custom system on that they fabricate, ask around get referral to a good shop. Engineers have already promised the intake. If you want real power get APR flash tune and other APR stuff
Old 01-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stevereddy
just have a good muffler shop put a custom system on that they fabricate, ask around get referral to a good shop. Engineers have already promised the intake. If you want real power get APR flash tune and other APR stuff
Thanks Stevereddy I'l start looking into the local shops and checkout the APR stuff
Old 01-13-2018, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jesus Melgoza
I've had a 2011 Q7 S-Line with the 3.0T for a little over a year now. I've recently started looking into getting an air intake and new exhaust. I can't seem to find many, if any, upgrades for this vehicle. The only exhaust kit out there is the Magnaflow (15085). Every other brand is either not sold in the US or no longer available. I really liked the sound out of the REMUS.

As for an air intake, nothing is ever listed. I've read that the A6 and S4 have the same 3.0 engine, so i'm wondering if those Intakes fit my Q7.

Any suggestions on where to look or what is actually available or interchangeable?

2 months ago I installed the remus and sounds good as expected. Aside from the remus you can get the Eisenmann as well as the magnaflow. The magaflow is backordered and the Eisenmann will take about 5-6 weeks since they are hand built.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jesus Melgoza
Thanks Stevereddy I'l start looking into the local shops and checkout the APR stuff

Yeah I'll be doing the APR tune after the warranty. There is a substantial power increase once the tune and pulley change has been applied.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Forgot to mention that SuperSprint makes an exhaust system for our Audi's also.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into all of these and see where it takes me.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the MagnaFlow system on my 2011 Q7 and love it. the note is deeper than stock at idle and of course at higher RPMs. zero highway drone. the finish and quality of the system is top notch as well.

edit:
forgot to add the site i purchased from; also if you sign up with email, they'll send you a code for 25% off..

https://www.hottexhaust.com/cart.php...n_applied=true

Last edited by Bklyn_Quattro; 01-17-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
i have the MagnaFlow system on my 2011 Q7 and love it. the note is deeper than stock at idle and of course at higher RPMs. zero highway drone. the finish and quality of the system is top notch as well.

edit:
forgot to add the site i purchased from; also if you sign up with email, they'll send you a code for 25% off..

https://www.hottexhaust.com/cart.php...n_applied=true
I would love to hear some sound clips of this system on the 3.0t
Old 01-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm a big fan of Magnaflow. I had it on a few cars. My '07 Magnum(3.5 V6 with JBA Headers) and always got compliments on the sound. Once I finally decide and get it on, I'll try to do some sound clips.

Quick Reply: Air Intake and exhaust upgrade suggestions