Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Appeal Process for VW Claims Portal (3 months and counting) - Customer Ineligible

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Appeal Process for VW Claims Portal (3 months and counting) - Customer Ineligible

To others that have filed an appeal with VW I'd like to hear from you and your experience.

I determined that the former owner of my 2015 Audi Q7 TDI submitted for the first half of the settlement. I've submited a claim after I reviewed the documentation as I SHOULD be entitled to receive at the other half of the settlement

After going through the claims process I received the following response from VW after filing a claim:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on the documents and information you have provided as part of your claim with Reference No.XXXXX, you are not eligible to participate in the Diesel Emissions Settlement Claims Program. The reason(s) for your ineligibility is described below.

Not member of class - You are not a member of the class.

If you believe you are entitled to claim benefits under the Diesel Emissions Settlement Claims Program, you may appeal this ineligibility determination to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel and a Court-appointed "Neutral" who will be called upon to resolve disagreements between the Claims Committee’s other members, should they arise.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After receiving this and reviewing the settlement documentation as well as calling the support line I could not determine why I was "not a member of the class" I guess they think some people will just not file an appeal; so I filed an appeal. Three months later still waiting on a response; this appeal was submitted in October. I have called the support line trying to get an update on the status of the appeal several times and have yet to hear back on anything. They are very scripted just say they are processing the large number of appeals and I should just sit tight.

Has anyone else experienced this? What are you doing or would you recommend?

Last edited by WakeX2; 02-06-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what year is your TDI
Old 02-06-2018, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This is a 2015 Audi Q7 TDI with about 34K miles
Old 02-06-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

If you have an unfixed vehicle in hand, and if your vehicle's VIN is registered as a US model.. you are eligible.

I'd call and ask em to reset your vehicle and try to start over, perhaps you didnt provide adequate documentation to prove ownership .
Old 02-06-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by WakeX2
This is a 2015 Audi Q7 TDI with about 34K miles
What's your VIN? With that we can easily determine if the vehicle was fixed prior or your are eligible for any financial compensation.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raj99
What's your VIN? With that we can easily determine if the vehicle was fixed prior or your are eligible for any financial compensation.
where can you enter the VIN to see? In the VWGoa site?
Old 03-01-2018, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update on this - One more month goes by an I have not received any update on the status of this claim! How long are we expected to wait??!?!
Old 03-02-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by WakeX2
Update on this - One more month goes by an I have not received any update on the status of this claim! How long are we expected to wait??!?!
so what is you VIN? what shows up when you enter it here: https://www.audidiesellookup.com/

It maybe that the vehicle has already had the issue addressed by the previous owner.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

@raj99 I entered my VIN and you can see its seems legit
Old 04-26-2018, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm at a loss (no pun intended) still no response from VW after filing a claim - is there a class action attorney/firm or anyone I can follow up with. What would you guys do if you felt you should be receiving a settlement and get the run around? Any help would be much appreciated

Quick Reply: Appeal Process for VW Claims Portal (3 months and counting) - Customer Ineligible