Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Broken Door Handle - PN?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Door Handle - PN?

So I walk out to my car and notice that the piece circled in this picture is just plain missing. Must have fallen off. Does anyone know the Part Number? Also, can I get it pre-painted, or do I need a trip to the body shop?
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can try this place:
http://genuinevwaudiparts.com/partlo...layCatalogid=0
this is for the front door and the part you are interested in the illustration is either #8 for the right or #9 for the left:
Old 02-25-2011, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It was the rear door, but you RULE!!! Found the bits and they're on their way to me. Looks like I'm going to have to get this thing painted though.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My rear passenger side door handle broke last September. I went to open the door and the piece you circled popped right off. Called the dealer and they ordered a new handle assembly and installed it the next day. It ended up that it was a broken bracket within the door. If the car is under warranty I would just call the dealer.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a problem on some very early production. The retaining screw from behind came loose with vibration at high speed and they just fell off.
Havent see that problem in years!
They must have a new trainee on door assembly!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
It was a problem on some very early production. The retaining screw from behind came loose with vibration at high speed and they just fell off.
Havent see that problem in years!
They must have a new trainee on door assembly!
My dealer said it has happened on two other '09 Q7 so i figured it was just a bad part batch.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, I'm out of warranty, so I'm handling this one solo. The circled item is actually two parts, a plastic inner plug and a painted outer cap. I'm going to try and re-install the plastic inner plug and drive around with it for a few weeks while the cap is getting painted. If the install seems stable, I'll install the cap and call it a day. If not, I'll investigate further. Thanks guys!
Old 08-23-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Santorin Drm pig pal
Well, I'm out of warranty, so I'm handling this one solo. The circled item is actually two parts, a plastic inner plug and a painted outer cap. I'm going to try and re-install the plastic inner plug and drive around with it for a few weeks while the cap is getting painted. If the install seems stable, I'll install the cap and call it a day. If not, I'll investigate further. Thanks guys!
Hey, I have a very similar problem with my 2013 A6. Same part vanished, I'm out of main warranty on CPO warranty and they want $550 to fix it!!! Anyway, my question is, were you able to attach the outer cap to the inner cap, with the inner cap already in the door? Mine is actually on the drivers door and I have the lock, and I'm trying to figure out if it just snaps on...
Old 09-13-2017, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Hey, I have a very similar problem with my 2013 A6. Same part vanished, I'm out of main warranty on CPO warranty and they want $550 to fix it!!! Anyway, my question is, were you able to attach the outer cap to the inner cap, with the inner cap already in the door? Mine is actually on the drivers door and I have the lock, and I'm trying to figure out if it just snaps on...
Hey, same problem on my 2012 a6. Just fell off one day. You can get it for $90 on ebay, but yeah, you need to get it painted. That one does just snap on but the clips on mine were broke. That chrome piece on top slides off. I ordered a temp from china for $5 that's just black, no chrome, and I'm looking for a used one if I can find one. Crazy to spend $150 on this part. Part No. is 4H1837879BGRU
Old 09-14-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Same thing happened here. Simple fix. I super-glued it! Can't even tell and it has been a couple of years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broken Door Handle - PN?