Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Comfort hatch module

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LOP
Well they have not provided me with the english instructions yet, but I translated them.
I had these instructions translated with google and some other translators but there is still some very specific wording that is hard to understand after translation. Some words haven't been translated there either.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

McDream

Should I take the two middle wires from the close button or the two wires grey and white from the module and touch them together?

QUOTE=mcdream;24318190]Try connecting the middle wires on the trunk lid close button together for a sec and see if the trunk lid starts to close. If the light goes green, it seems that it gets the signal so everything should be ok till that point.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-30-2012, 11:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by knepster
McDream

Should I take the two middle wires from the close button or the two wires grey and white from the module and touch them together?

QUOTE=mcdream;24318190]Try connecting the middle wires on the trunk lid close button together for a sec and see if the trunk lid starts to close. If the light goes green, it seems that it gets the signal so everything should be ok till that point.
[/QUOTE]

Two from the close button. But connect them only for a sec, since it should simulate pressing the close button. DO NOT WIRE them together, only connect for a sec. After they have been connected, it should start closing the hatch. This way we can see if wires on the close button are correct.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

All systems go! Got it to work. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for these instructions. I bought the BexPro module a year ago and blew a fuse attempting to install without English translated instructions. That, and the A6 wiring in the German instructions are slightly different to the Q7's wiring.

I'll have another crack with your updates

Out of interest, did anyone receive English instructions from BexPro yet?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will this comfort close mechanism work with a 2012 Q7? (I asked about the Kufatec module and they stated that it was only compatible with the 1st gen Q7's.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 PM
xbs
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking to instal this on a 2009 Q7 TDI, where can I purchase this? Having trouble ordering from bex-pro site can't translate everything with google.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a similar version of this on my my2011 q7.
Over in the uk but supplied by http://www.nav.tv/products/remote-ta...tgc-aud?car=93
Old 12-12-2014, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered mine online Dec 2nd and it arrived yesterday. They sent it using postal service, so no extra customs fees, no duty, no taxes. Came to $88 CAD after currency conversion through PayPal.

The only bummer is that I asked for English instructions and got no instructions!

I'll take the translated instructions posted earlier in the thread to the indie shop I plan to use for the install. With the holiday season upon us, not sure when I'll get it done but will report back after its installed.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just following up to share unhappy results. Tried to install the module in the summer. Spent roughly 4 hours at the shop trying to get it to work properly, but in the end gave up. We tried following the translated instructions posted here, tried following the install walk thru posted here, and finally tried every permutation & combination and just couldn't get it to work properly.

In the end, I would not recommend this module due to lack of support from the vendor.

Quick Reply: Comfort hatch module