Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Do I trade in my 2011 Q7 sline for a 2013 TDI sline?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Do I trade in my 2011 Q7 sline for a 2013 TDI sline?

While my Q7 was in the shop for the headlight issue I had a 2012 Q7 TDI and I really liked it. I liked the upgraded interior, the MMI and the amazing mileage I was getting. Today I was getting close to 28 mpg at 95 mph!! I had the loaner and I used a tank and half of gas. Normally I would use close 3 in that time.

Got me thinking that maybe I should do a trade? Am I nuts?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on how much driving you do on a daily basis. I have the same 2011 Q7 S Line as you do and i love it. I dont really drive that much during the week so the extra upfront cost for the TDI didn't make sense for me. I also paid below dealer invoice for the TFSI which also tipped my decision making at the time. I'm planning on changing to a flat bottom steering wheel and the 2012 S line shift **** through Alex at Eurprice soon to freshen up my interior. I guess if you plan on keeping the Q7 for a long time; the swap makes sense. I believe your Q7 was in an accident too in the past and that may factor in your decision as well. Good luck with your decision!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
depends on how much driving you do on a daily basis. I have the same 2011 Q7 S Line as you do and i love it. I dont really drive that much during the week so the extra upfront cost for the TDI didn't make sense for me. I also paid below dealer invoice for the TFSI which also tipped my decision making at the time. I'm planning on changing to a flat bottom steering wheel and the 2012 S line shift **** through Alex at Eurprice soon to freshen up my interior. I guess if you plan on keeping the Q7 for a long time; the swap makes sense. I believe your Q7 was in an accident too in the past and that may factor in your decision as well. Good luck with your decision!
bklyn,
A sugestion for you when you go to the flat bottom steering wheel, get one wit hthe paddle shifters, then anable the paddles in vagcom. I have a 2008 Q7, I chsnged my steering wheel to a 3 spoke w/ paddle shiffters.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do they make a heated 3 spoke flat bottom with paddles, mfsw, and iNav buttons? I have a 2012 with the cold weather pkg.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 AM
dgc
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snopyro
Do they make a heated 3 spoke flat bottom with paddles, mfsw, and iNav buttons? I have a 2012 with the cold weather pkg.
You get Paddles or Heated it is one or the other they do not heat the paddled wheels, or that's what I have been able to find out.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have put 31,500 miles on the car since april 2011. Wasnt really an accident. I was avoiding someone who decided to drive in front of me and hit a curb and took out two rims and tires.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by arp2nr
bklyn,
A sugestion for you when you go to the flat bottom steering wheel, get one wit hthe paddle shifters, then anable the paddles in vagcom. I have a 2008 Q7, I chsnged my steering wheel to a 3 spoke w/ paddle shiffters.

NO question. i have my eyes on a nice RS6 wheel with titanium stitching and aluminum paddles...
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PARealtor
I have put 31,500 miles on the car since april 2011. Wasnt really an accident. I was avoiding someone who decided to drive in front of me and hit a curb and took out two rims and tires.
I knew it was something like that. you always have to be concerned about the control arms, suspension, etc with an impact like that.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I knew it was something like that. you always have to be concerned about the control arms, suspension, etc with an impact like that.
Ive had the vehicle inspected by two different dealerships as well as brother in law who has been a mechanic for 20 years. its in perfect shape. But thanks for your concern
Old 01-12-2013, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody can look at the finance side of the deal and tell you that you are nuts because you would be taking a big hit on the sale/trade-in. However, in cars above 40k, the financials are really not the issue, since is more about a personal preference. If you can swing it ( with the wife's input) into account of course). I think you would be happy. Just remember that the 2015 will have some new gadget or feature that you will want then. So I always keep a separate little stash of a couple iof hundred a month to have ready for my next downpayment.

Happy trails