Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Do we really need another SUV... ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do we really need another SUV... ?

I don't understand some of the manufacture like Audi thinking about adding SUV to their lineup to fill up the blanks in their market.. So what try to tell me bigger is better ? They are deadly bullets that kill people. North American market doesn't need another stinky SUV, I'm sorry but that is just too much. Audi should think about adding more choices in options like perhaps diesel engine to every model line-up.
With gas prices going up and up , why not to offer what might be good choice, and I am sure number of crowds would like to drive something that is luxuries but economical . then adding another V6, V8, V10, V12 maybe Audi why not V16 if you have one lying around!!!!! with 1000 HP..
Hybrid technology is new , and will cost some chunk of your $$$$ to maintain.. that needs more time before it is stream line through out other car manufactures..
Maybe Audi should look at the market why those numbers for the past of couple years aren't looking good, always in Negative territory..

Look at europe they satisfy every level of the market, mostly in compact and standard models, luxuries is the last thing on Europe minds, sure it is totally different more expensive market, but maybe Audi NA should look at the samething and provide something for everyone.

I would like to join marketing department and I would like to be part of the discussion on this subject.... I'm all for it, ready.. AUDI do you hear me !@!!! You can contact me at audi.email.me@gmail.com
Old 03-28-2005, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes we do

While the Q7 is a very sexy car it is also a way for audi to get major profits and credibility esp in the US. Something ridiculous like 45% of cars sold here are trucks or SUVs and audi would be dumb to not try and grab some of this market from the BMW.

According to Businessweek:
"Last year, Audi clocked sales of 779,000 cars, but Mercedes and BMW sold more than 1.2 million each. By revenues, Audi is still only 55% the size of BMW and 48% that of Mercedes-Benz."
"But closing the revenue gap with BMW and Mercedes will take another generation of cars at least. Audi has six basic models, compared with 10 at BMW -- soon to be 12 -- and 13 at Mercedes. By selling more top-end cars, BMW and Mercedes generate much greater revenues and higher margins."
"With no SUVs, Audi's U.S. sales are only 25% to 30% of the number of vehicles sold by rivals. "You only address half the market in the U.S. if you only have cars to sell," de Nysschen admits"

Audi definately needs an SUV to both bolster their market share in the US and abroad as well as generate a healthy amount of profit... plus they already have a chasis, engines and a lot of the components from the tourag / cayanne... why not?
I for one am excited about this car.