Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

End of Lease-2014 Q7 Prem Plus

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End of Lease-2014 Q7 Prem Plus

Hello Everyone,
I am at end of the lease for my 2014 Q7 (30,00 miles on it) in 3 months. And the residual amount at the end of the lease is $29k. My wife drives it and her commute is not more than 10 miles a day. It has minor damages reported on couple of instances on Carfax. I have couple of questions.
1. Given that, I need another 7 seater as a replacement would it make sense to buy it at 29k after the lease end?
2. If I buy it, is there a room to negotiate the 29K price?
Thanks.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by audian1234
Hello Everyone,
I am at end of the lease for my 2014 Q7 (30,00 miles on it) in 3 months. And the residual amount at the end of the lease is $29k. My wife drives it and her commute is not more than 10 miles a day. It has minor damages reported on couple of instances on Carfax. I have couple of questions.
1. Given that, I need another 7 seater as a replacement would it make sense to buy it at 29k after the lease end?
2. If I buy it, is there a room to negotiate the 29K price?
Thanks.
Is this a premium or premium plus?

I am in the same situation, and yes I am considering buying, but I have a 2015 - so a little more warranty runway than you and I have less miles. If you like the car and/or want to lower your monthly payment a bit and put in some equity, it's a good idea, if your Q7 has been reliable, even more so. If you are looking at a huge turn-on cost (car needs tires, brakes or has dings and you didn't get the turn-in insurance) you should seriously consider buying instead on turning it in.

DEFINITELY negotiate for the purchase price. AudiFS will make it seem like it's standard practice just to sell it at the residual price, but push back. I've bought two leases from Audi and both times gotten a little off the price.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by arU4ic
Is this a premium or premium plus?

I am in the same situation, and yes I am considering buying, but I have a 2015 - so a little more warranty runway than you and I have less miles. If you like the car and/or want to lower your monthly payment a bit and put in some equity, it's a good idea, if your Q7 has been reliable, even more so. If you are looking at a huge turn-on cost (car needs tires, brakes or has dings and you didn't get the turn-in insurance) you should seriously consider buying instead on turning it in.

DEFINITELY negotiate for the purchase price. AudiFS will make it seem like it's standard practice just to sell it at the residual price, but push back. I've bought two leases from Audi and both times gotten a little off the price.
Thanks for the response.
What sort of negotiation room do I have? Can I start from 3k less on a 29K car?
Old 02-28-2018, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

$29k seems like a good deal on a 2014. If you plan on keeping it another 2 years, you can certainly buy. Figure you will get $20k for it by then, maybe more, depending on mileage, which means your depreciation of $4500/yr wont be so bad.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the response.
What sort of negotiation room do I have? Can I start from 3k less on a 29K car?
Yes, start there but realistically, you're likely to get $2k
Old 03-04-2018, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, start there but realistically, you're likely to get $2k
Thank you.
I spoke to Audi FS and the local dealership. I was told that there wont be any incentives on lease buy backs and the residual rate is not negotiable.
I still have 3 months on my lease. Do you all think if things can change at the end of the lease?
Old 03-06-2018, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you.
I spoke to Audi FS and the local dealership. I was told that there wont be any incentives on lease buy backs and the residual rate is not negotiable.
I still have 3 months on my lease. Do you all think if things can change at the end of the lease?
Let me do some recon (my info might be a little dated) - I know people ... stand by.

There is competition for AudiFS because you can just go to a bank or credit union and then write the check to AudiFS for the pay-off, remember that much.

Give me a few days... unless someone else pipes in that has done this in the last 2 years (the last time I did this).
Old 03-06-2018, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with the 3rd row is too small other cars like vw and infinity made that third row
for big people that would be a thing to consider
Old 03-08-2018, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Let me do some recon (my info might be a little dated) - I know people ... stand by.

There is competition for AudiFS because you can just go to a bank or credit union and then write the check to AudiFS for the pay-off, remember that much.

Give me a few days... unless someone else pipes in that has done this in the last 2 years (the last time I did this).
So I did some checking, and this indeed is the new mantra for AFS, however, it was indicated to me that some help from the dealership, if they got behind you, could help. So, if you have a good relationship with your dealership, nag a salesman and if he/she won't help, ask the sales manager. Another difference is that at my dealership there is demand for the gasoline 2015 Q7, so that must be an additional element that leans in my favor here in CA.