Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

EPC Light 07 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPC Light 07 Q7

I just want to know if anyone has had this same problem as I have with the EPC light.

Last night I was driving and the EPC light came on. I started to loose acceleration and the battery light came on. I pulled over to the side and that was it. I had the Q7 towed to the dealership this morning b/c the tow person last night could not figure out how to tow my baby. Any way the dealership just told me that the car had no gas in it. I asked why didn't the fuel light come on and they had no answer. I asked why did it tell me that I had over 70 miles left before empty and they had no answer.

Someone please let me know if you had this issue or should I just be more cautious in trusting the fuel gauge.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 PM
SGI
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: EPC Light 07 Q7

I have a few occasions where the digital gauge says I have about 30 miles to go before empty (at the then current driving situation.) With 70 miles left the light wouldn't come on. I think it comes on at around 40 miles. The light should've came on before it emptied and stalled you in the middle of no where.

-=SGI=-
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats BS. I had the same issue about half a year ago. The EPC is basically the system that controls fuel going to your engine. The circuit board that controls the EPC was bad and malfunctioned as I was getting off the highway. Same thing as you... I could rev the RPM's high, but it wouldnt accelerate for anything. Basically, the fuel wasnt flowing and the car couldnt determine what gear it was in. Audi replaced the board, but it did take like 3 days for them to get one in.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow thanks for the info. if this happens next time I will tell them to replace that part.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default epc light for q7

Originally Posted by fsxv33
Thats BS. I had the same issue about half a year ago. The EPC is basically the system that controls fuel going to your engine. The circuit board that controls the EPC was bad and malfunctioned as I was getting off the highway. Same thing as you... I could rev the RPM's high, but it wouldnt accelerate for anything. Basically, the fuel wasnt flowing and the car couldnt determine what gear it was in. Audi replaced the board, but it did take like 3 days for them to get one in.
i am having the same problem where the rpm goes up but not the
acceleration, even worse the keys doesn't come out, can anybody
tell me what is the exact problem and how much to fix the problem
thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I've had the EPC light make an appearance about 4 or 5 times. First time I went to the dealer, they said it was nothing and it would go away. The remaining times I just ignored it. Nothing has really happened as a result.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I got same issue as you tonight,how did u resolve this issue.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by skys2282
i am having the same problem where the rpm goes up but not the
acceleration, even worse the keys doesn't come out, can anybody
tell me what is the exact problem and how much to fix the problem
thanks
Can you tell how you fix your problem.
Thanks
Old 12-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

it happened to my 08 Q7 today. i parked it outdoor under -33 deg Celsius for 2 days, it took few seconds to started the engine.
the EPC & ESP came on then CEL also on, i parked it in the garage for a day try to warm everything up a bit then started the engine & rev it up to the limited (4000 rpm) a few times.
luckily the EPC light went out first, then the ESP went out after. i had to use VCDS to reset the CEL
Old 03-02-2016, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by eagle_ca
Can you tell how you fix your problem.
Thanks
Can you tell how your problem was fixed

Quick Reply: EPC Light 07 Q7