Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

EPC Light 07 Q7

Old 03-02-2016, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fsxv33
Thats BS. I had the same issue about half a year ago. The EPC is basically the system that controls fuel going to your engine. The circuit board that controls the EPC was bad and malfunctioned as I was getting off the highway. Same thing as you... I could rev the RPM's high, but it wouldnt accelerate for anything. Basically, the fuel wasnt flowing and the car couldnt determine what gear it was in. Audi replaced the board, but it did take like 3 days for them to get one in.
Can you tell me where the circuit board that controls the EPC is located
Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I'm having the same problem

Th. I had the same issue about half a year ago. The EPC is basically the system that controls fuel going to your engine. The circuit board that controls the EPC was bad and malfunctioned as I was getting off the highway. Same thing as you... I could rev the RPM's high, but it wouldnt accelerate for anything. Basically, the fuel wasnt flowing and the car couldnt determine what gear it was in. Audi replaced the board, but it did take like 3 days for them to get one in.
Can u please tell me which board u replaced
Old 08-05-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Fuel pump

Just can fuel pump send days check and scan the car furl pump came back bad

Originally Posted by rmbrownii
I just want to know if anyone has had this same problem as I have with the EPC light.

Last night I was driving and the EPC light came on. I started to loose acceleration and the battery light came on. I pulled over to the side and that was it. I had the Q7 towed to the dealership this morning b/c the tow person last night could not figure out how to tow my baby. Any way the dealership just told me that the car had no gas in it. I asked why didn't the fuel light come on and they had no answer. I asked why did it tell me that I had over 70 miles left before empty and they had no answer.

Someone please let me know if you had this issue or should I just be more cautious in trusting the fuel gauge.
pump
Old 10-23-2018, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thats BS. I had the same issue about half a year ago. The EPC is basically the system that controls fuel going to your engine. The circuit board that controls the EPC was bad and malfunctioned as I was getting off the highway. Same thing as you... I could rev the RPM's high, but it wouldnt accelerate for anything. Basically, the fuel wasnt flowing and the car couldnt determine what gear it was in. Audi replaced the board, but it did take like 3 days for them to get one in.
This happened to me tonight. The car was normal by day I went to call the night now, do not worry. What part is this that cuts gas?
Old 10-29-2018, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello check the ecu the computer is very exposed to rain water
Old 12-08-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xboltss
it happened to my 08 Q7 today. i parked it outdoor under -33 deg Celsius for 2 days, it took few seconds to started the engine.
the EPC & ESP came on then CEL also on, i parked it in the garage for a day try to warm everything up a bit then started the engine & rev it up to the limited (4000 rpm) a few times.
luckily the EPC light went out first, then the ESP went out after. i had to use VCDS to reset the CEL
did this repeat itself? if yes did u resolve it?
I started getting this issue... grrrr
Old 07-06-2020, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default EPC Light is on in my 08 q7

Originally Posted by rmbrownii
Wow thanks for the info. if this happens next time I will tell them to replace that part.
  1. Do you have a part number?
Old 07-06-2020, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine was caused by the Faulty Brake switch.
This faulty brake switch caused all sorts of crazy things to happen which would make a repair shop start throwing parts at it.
If the car thinks you have your foot on the brake it will go into limp mode and other things.
Here is video I made showing the switch and the issue it was causing.

Old 02-02-2023, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default EPC

Originally Posted by skys2282
i am having the same problem where the rpm goes up but not the
acceleration, even worse the keys doesn't come out, can anybody
tell me what is the exact problem and how much to fix the problem
thanks
The key not coming out is a "safety feature " If the battery is low it acts as if someone is trying to steal your car. The newer models have a release hole but okder models require th battery to be charged or jumped from another vehicle. Also, the EPC is a sensor for more than one component.