AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MK 1 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/)
-   -   euro plate filler panel (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mk-1-discussion-112/euro-plate-filler-panel-2786922/)

chirf4 07-17-2010 03:17 PM

euro plate filler panel

has anyone replaced the US license plate filler panel for a euro plate filler panel on their q7? I know some here have switched to the shiny black plate delete panel....I've got a US spec panel with a euro plate attached - SUCKS. looks horrible. I'd like to get that embedded/curved look that euro q7's have....

any suggestions??

part numbers??

DUTCH VanAtlanta 07-17-2010 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by chirf4 (Post 24005784)
has anyone replaced the US license plate filler panel for a euro plate filler panel on their q7? I know some here have switched to the shiny black plate delete panel....I've got a US spec panel with a euro plate attached - SUCKS. looks horrible. I'd like to get that embedded/curved look that euro q7's have....

any suggestions??

part numbers??

If you're talking about the plain black panel in the attached photo, as a new car option, it's Code 6W9 - Front License Plate Filler Grill Panel.

If you take that to an Audi dealer, the parts guy can probably get it for you. If you want it at a discount off of MSRP, I can give you a couple of suggestions depending whether you're on the Left or the Right Coast.

PhoenixINX 07-18-2010 05:24 AM

Ahhh... I felt I was one of the only people that was looking for this. Here in the South, we don't require front plates.

After searching high and low on here I gave up.

Shame on me for "not just asking the forum"! :D

Can you point myself in the right direction for an east coast dealership that is willing to get better than MSRP pricing on OEM part? Needing to order that and the rear bumper non-hitch cover.

chirf4 07-18-2010 12:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Dutch,

that is the part I will need when I return to the states. thanks!! do you know the part number that will let me switch to a euro plate? OEM plus has one that I think is what I need - attached. I'm trying to get my plate to look like the one in the attached V12....Would you happen to know that part number?

DUTCH VanAtlanta 07-18-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX (Post 24005952)

Can you point myself in the right direction for an east coast dealership that is willing to get better than MSRP pricing on OEM part? Needing to order that and the rear bumper non-hitch cover.

Not sure if it's OK to reference a non-supporting vendor on the forum; so I'll send the info to you by PM.

DUTCH VanAtlanta 07-18-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by chirf4 (Post 24006062)
Dutch,

that is the part I will need when I return to the states. thanks!! do you know the part number that will let me switch to a euro plate? OEM plus has one that I think is what I need - attached. I'm trying to get my plate to look like the one in the attached V12....Would you happen to know that part number?

Sorry, I do not.

GRNMACHINE 07-29-2010 08:44 PM

would you have the part no for the shiny filler with spot for license plate? Saw an S Line today with one. Thanks

DUTCH VanAtlanta 07-30-2010 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by GRNMACHINE (Post 24011535)
would you have the part no for the shiny filler with spot for license plate? Saw an S Line today with one. Thanks

All I have is that order code I posted earlier. Sorry.

omniskye 02-21-2011 08:29 PM

do you need a S-line car to get the s-line filler?

will the s-line filler also work for the non-S line model? i have an 08 premium and want the s-line grill.

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta (Post 24011588)
All I have is that order code I posted earlier. Sorry.

Q7er 02-21-2011 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by omniskye (Post 24107873)
will the s-line filler also work for the non-S line model? i have an 08 premium and want the s-line grill.

Yes, it works for non-s line model too. I also have an 08 premium with s line filler. I got it from ebay and it's an oem part.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...DSC_0006-1.jpg