Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

So I get this letter from "VEHICLE SERVICES DEPARTMENT", whatever that is. It is no way part of AUDI, a separate company, they assured me of that.
So I call the number and speak with this rather nice dude who assures me he can get me into another 50,000 miles/FEB 2024 (whichever comes first) "Like New Factory" warranty for around $6700?
They asked if I maintain my vehicle properly. Umm...yes! Actually (I didn't tell him) i just rotated and balanced my tires today.
After about 15 minutes on the phone, I told him I would have to discuss it with my wife because it was a considerable amount of change. Then he comes down on price a little.
Then he asks if I Uber, in which I replied, I have a few times locally, but that is not my profession. I did so to learn my way around our new town a little better. Then the price came down a little more and told me that Audi could refuse any warranty work due to using the vehicle as commercial. Ummm......Then why would I give you my money if so?
I asked him, how would they know? He said that my VIN is registered with Uber and they would know. I am not really sure I am buying that, Uber is not linked to Audi.
After another 10 minutes or so and again stating a discussion with my only other would need to take place and I could call him back, he hands me to another higher pressure salesman, the price came down again to around $5400.
I almost feel if I called and offered them $4500 paid in full, they might take it?
My concerns:
1. How do I know they are legit? I will call Audi I guess and ask what they think.
2. The Uber thing, which again, I am not so sure that is true, that Audi could tell I drive for them.

What are your thoughts?
Old 01-29-2019, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jbgilbank
So I get this letter from "VEHICLE SERVICES DEPARTMENT", whatever that is. It is no way part of AUDI, a separate company, they assured me of that.
So I call the number and speak with this rather nice dude who assures me he can get me into another 50,000 miles/FEB 2024 (whichever comes first) "Like New Factory" warranty for around $6700?
They asked if I maintain my vehicle properly. Umm...yes! Actually (I didn't tell him) i just rotated and balanced my tires today.
After about 15 minutes on the phone, I told him I would have to discuss it with my wife because it was a considerable amount of change. Then he comes down on price a little.
Then he asks if I Uber, in which I replied, I have a few times locally, but that is not my profession. I did so to learn my way around our new town a little better. Then the price came down a little more and told me that Audi could refuse any warranty work due to using the vehicle as commercial. Ummm......Then why would I give you my money if so?
I asked him, how would they know? He said that my VIN is registered with Uber and they would know. I am not really sure I am buying that, Uber is not linked to Audi.
After another 10 minutes or so and again stating a discussion with my only other would need to take place and I could call him back, he hands me to another higher pressure salesman, the price came down again to around $5400.
I almost feel if I called and offered them $4500 paid in full, they might take it?
My concerns:
1. How do I know they are legit? I will call Audi I guess and ask what they think.
2. The Uber thing, which again, I am not so sure that is true, that Audi could tell I drive for them.

What are your thoughts?
After Googling, I found this and a lot more! Be warned!
VEHICLE SERVICES DEPARTMENT which I thought was an odd name. Yelp says "This is a scam! Please don't send them money. I had to do my research before calling the number and the actual car dealership where I got my car from because I was so confused when I received the letter in the mail. " I did not even consider there was no logo, no address, no VIN, pricing options or any other markings, just my name and car type. However, they did have my address. I did ask him how he obtained the info that I bought the vehicle and he stated they get there info from car companies, which I thought was super odd! Oh well, better to ask "Stupid Questions" Then to be stupid in the end!