Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Going to start some mods...what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Before the coilover install. As you can see, it could use a good 2" drop to remove the wheel gap

Originally Posted by raj99
Well I'm going to start a exploring what mods to do on my Q7 and wanted to get some ideas on what other have done to improve the ride, look, etc...of their vehicle. As you can see I've done a fair number of mods on my C6, so looking to do likewise on my Q7. Some of the things I was thinking of are the following and if you happen to have links or advice on any of them, please add to the thread:
  1. VCDS mods - already have these implemented, but was wondering if someone has programmed auto-closing side-mirrors when the vehicle is locked?
  2. Aluminum pedals (dead, brake, gas) - what have others added to their car?
  3. Adding a clear bra - most likely Xpel up front and side protection
  4. sway bars - in my C6 they made an enormous difference
  5. running boards - what have others used?
  6. Clean grill - I like these, but I also like the factory installed one, does someone have better pics of an installed one?
  7. LED interior light update via deAuto LED...I really like their products and they stand by them
Here is what I have done, and I get compliments constantly on mine, people thing its like just a couple of years old, and its an 07.

I lightly smoked the rear tail lights - factory are just too bright red
Updated LED front turn signals
I had factory running boards installed
I had all my window trim, front grill painted a matte black (my audi is black)
I bought some black 22" rims with factory caps
Painted brake calipers red with Brembo decals (our brakes are made by Brembo so it's not fake)
I have wheel spacers to push wheels out to be flush with finders, this is VERY important, even with factory wheels.
I put on a custom cat back exhaust for a much throatier sound
Most recent I am installing a set of coilover's to drop it down around 2" so it removes some or the wheel gap and look more sporty. My thread about this so far is the one about installing Gecko Coilovers.

Photo before coilovers. I do not have that install fully complete with the perfect height set.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you do for the custom cat-back exhaust? Take it to a local shop? Any recommendations there? I certainly was hoping to make it sound a little more aggressive but scared the magnaflow kit is going to become a $1000 piece of rattling junk within months. And the Militek is pricey...