Q7 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

H & R sport springs

Old 02-03-2019, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default H & R sport springs

Hi all, fairly new owner of a 2012 Q7 with 21 inch peeler wheels. I see a lot of posts about lowering springs and was wondering if the H & R springs are what most people are using. I do not want to do coil overs.
Any rubbing issues? Itís listed as a 1.4 drop to the front and a 1.3 drop to the back. Is that accurate? I do not have air suspension. Any pics would be great. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2019, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have researched this. Some say "you will get the bounce" that heavy vehicles get when they are lowered. But I have read posts from a few people with TDIs and they said they liked the ride. I am also considering this.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mgaudiq7 View Post
Hi all, fairly new owner of a 2012 Q7 with 21 inch peeler wheels. I see a lot of posts about lowering springs and was wondering if the H & R springs are what most people are using. I do not want to do coil overs.
Any rubbing issues? Itís listed as a 1.4 drop to the front and a 1.3 drop to the back. Is that accurate? I do not have air suspension. Any pics would be great. Thanks!
Originally Posted by matt94gt View Post
I have researched this. Some say "you will get the bounce" that heavy vehicles get when they are lowered. But I have read posts from a few people with TDIs and they said they liked the ride. I am also considering this.
Does anybody have an opinion on these?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

After doing more research I think ill go with the KW Street Comfort Coilovers, they cost about 3x the price but I think would be worth it saying as the major part of the expensive for me will be installation.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. Iíll research them, but am surprised no one has commented on the H & R springs.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mgaudiq7 View Post
Thanks. Iíll research them, but am surprised no one has commented on the H & R springs.
I am surprised as well, I would also like to hear people's real world experience with them.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by hawk 7 View Post
I am surprised as well, I would also like to hear people's real world experience with them.
Picked 2015 Q7 TDi premium plus with 20k miles in October. After 10k miles decided to put wider tires and H&R Springs. Went with 295/45 R20 tires. No rubbing at all with the sport Springs installed. Have to put more miles as to report ride comfort, so far I like it, it sits lower, looks better to my taste. Less body roll, it's not bumpy, not stiff, just firmer ride.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patas0381 View Post
Picked 2015 Q7 TDi premium plus with 20k miles in October. After 10k miles decided to put wider tires and H&R Springs. Went with 295/45 R20 tires. No rubbing at all with the sport Springs installed. Have to put more miles as to report ride comfort, so far I like it, it sits lower, looks better to my taste. Less body roll, it's not bumpy, not stiff, just firmer ride.
Do you have pics? Did you by any chance measure before and after? If so, how much was the actual drop?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by hawk 7 View Post
Do you have pics? Did you by any chance measure before and after? If so, how much was the actual drop?
Front dropped 1.5" inch and back 1.25" inch.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you have to go with stiffer struts and shocks? The reason I ask is I have read that going with the springs and not full coilovers will give you a bouncy ride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H & R sport springs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: