Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Keyless Entry & Push Button Start Not Working...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keyless Entry & Push Button Start Not Working...

Hey Guys, I had the front passenger door replaced on my 2008 Q7 after an accident. Now my keyless entry doesn't work. I have to unlock the vehicle by key or remote. When inside the push button start is unresponsive. It doesn't give any messages saying "no key" or anything so I'm thinking there's an issue with the system caused when the door was replaced. Now oddly if the key is in the ignition and the motor is running the engine stop button turns off the engine... Has anyone experienced anything like this?
The following users liked this post:
Jen1313 (06-22-2023)
Old 02-29-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Was this shop a AUDI certified repair shop? If it wasn't the shop forgot to reprogram the computer module for your keyless.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by smith2010Q7
Was this shop a AUDI certified repair shop? If it wasn't the shop forgot to reprogram the computer module for your keyless.
Yeah I took it to Rife's Autobody which is the only Audi certified repair facility in my area. They say they've done all they could so they took it to dealer...
Old 03-01-2016, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Scan for codes, perhaps a key antenna is missing or unpluged.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless start won't work

Hello, just wondering if you found the problem or was able to resolve. I just got my Q7 back today from having a door replaced. My keyless entry and start will not work.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by drake2325@sbcglobal.net
Hello, just wondering if you found the problem or was able to resolve. I just got my Q7 back today from having a door replaced. My keyless entry and start will not work.
Sorry just noticed your post... but no still not working... just decided to learn to live with it until I have the time and patience to dig into it... dealership pretty much said there were fault codes from other door handles prior to the work being done so the shop won't be liable. Although all was working well before then.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Q7Kaikai
Sorry just noticed your post... but no still not working... just decided to learn to live with it until I have the time and patience to dig into it... dealership pretty much said there were fault codes from other door handles prior to the work being done so the shop won't be liable. Although all was working well before then.
Guys, anyone found how to solve this.
I had a faulty door lock button on drivers handle. So I took that to the rear, used the good rear one to driver's.

But upon fitting it all back, advanced key/start failure, EXACTLY same as you guys.

​​​​In past, the failed button would trigger a fault code. But rest will work. Nothing has changed apart from me swapping the handles.

Hope you guys fixed it, please share....
Old 08-22-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2014 Q7 push start/ stop button not working

I had the front driver door replaced on my Q7 after an accident. Now my keyless entry doesn't work. I have to unlock the vehicle by key or remote. When inside the push button start is unresponsive. It doesn't give any messages saying "no key" or anything so I'm thinking there's an issue with the system caused when the door was replaced. Now oddly if the key is in the ignition and the motor is running the engine stop button turns off the engine... Has anyone experienced anything like this?
The following users liked this post:
Adam LaBelle (08-27-2020)
Old 08-22-2017, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by blankotx
I had the front driver door replaced on my Q7 after an accident. Now my keyless entry doesn't work. I have to unlock the vehicle by key or remote. When inside the push button start is unresponsive. It doesn't give any messages saying "no key" or anything so I'm thinking there's an issue with the system caused when the door was replaced. Now oddly if the key is in the ignition and the motor is running the engine stop button turns off the engine... Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Same thing here... Still haven't fixed it
Old 02-08-2018, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is old thread, i am having the same problem right now. so i just wonder if you ever find the problem. SEAT function in my MMI does not work also

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry & Push Button Start Not Working...